Can Someone Assist me in Picking New Speakers?

napsterlove

So I currently have a set of Logitech LS21s which I've had for about 3/4 years and I've been looking to upgrade them now as I want something that sounds better.

I use these at uni and I use the full volume on them quite a lot (sorry flatmates) to blast music for myself and others.

I've been looking at the Creative T20s for about a week and think they might be my best bet.

Are there any other options out there for ~£50/60?

I'm looking for something that has decent quality but something that can loud at the same time.

Thanks in advance :)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How would I drive those?

Literally only have a desktop to run from, not looking to get a DAC or AMP anytime soon

they both have built in amps, that is the beauty.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

they both have built in amps, that is the beauty.

So I can run either of those from my PC no issues?

Would I need any extra cables?

So I can run either of those from my PC no issues?

Would I need any extra cables?

you can run them on your pc. no the cable is included.

Spoiler

Last query about these would be the size, I don't think these would fit in my uni room. My bookshelf would not be deep enough for them I think :(

Any other ideas?

What about the R980T? I already have a subwoofer.

What about the R980T? I already have a subwoofer.

how would you connect them, they are all standalone. If you have a passive sub you need and amp and two more passive speakers.

Last query about these would be the size, I don't think these would fit in my uni room. My bookshelf would not be deep enough for them I think :(

Any other ideas?

they are not that big and there are dimensions. you can check.

they are the smallest 2.0 speakers I know of, except those magical logitech ones maybe.

Spoiler

they are the smallest 2.0 speakers I know of, except those magical logitech ones maybe.

These are what I was looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-Speakers-Technology/dp/B001IZZ2PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420034483&sr=8-1&keywords=t20

Yours are more bookshelf speakers, these are more desktop

I've been wanting bookshelf speakers but always put off because the money, set up and they reportedly don't last too long

These are what I was looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-Speakers-Technology/dp/B001IZZ2PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420034483&sr=8-1&keywords=t20

Yours are more bookshelf speakers, these are more desktop

I've been wanting bookshelf speakers but always put off because the money, set up and they reportedly don't last too long

these look wimpy to me, they might sound okay, but they have 0 looks. edifier ones have the looks and no fuss bookshelf speakers without the need for amp.

Spoiler

how would you connect them, they are all standalone. If you have a passive sub you need and amp and two more passive speakers.

RCA to my subwoofer?

RCA to my subwoofer?

Does your sub have an output? Those speakers have only inputs, so if you can connect your sub and it has an output that would work. But if you sub is active and has an amp your best bet is still to get passive monitors. Like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Studiophile-Av40-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B0051WAM64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420040637&sr=8-1&keywords=studio+monitors  whoops those are active

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skytronic-Passive-Bedroom-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B00IK18NFK/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1420040769&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=passive+studio+monitors

Like these, there are better options I just can't be bothered to look now.

Spoiler

Does your sub have an output? Those speakers have only inputs, so if you can connect your sub and it has an output that would work. But if you sub is active and has an amp your best bet is still to get passive monitors. Like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Studiophile-Av40-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B0051WAM64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420040637&sr=8-1&keywords=studio+monitors  whoops those are active

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skytronic-Passive-Bedroom-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B00IK18NFK/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1420040769&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=passive+studio+monitors

Like these, there are better options I just can't be bothered to look now.

http://www.modsynergy.com/review25.htm

I have that subwoofer, so I need a pair of passive speakers?

http://www.modsynergy.com/review25.htm

I have that subwoofer, so I need a pair of passive speakers?

If you got R1600T III you could throw away that sub...

You can use passive speakers, but those were so tiny on that system that I don't know if it could drive anything good.

Spoiler

If you got R1600T III you could throw away that sub...

You can use passive speakers, but those were so tiny on that system that I don't know if it could drive anything good.

Are the R1600T's that powerful to ditch a subwoofer?

I think I am better off throwing it all away and buy something better indeed.

Are the R1600T's that powerful to ditch a subwoofer?

I think I am better off throwing it all away and buy something better indeed.

not that powerful, but your sub is that wimpy

Spoiler

not that powerful, but your sub is that wimpy

It's still pretty boomy, the R1600T isn't available here and I don't know what to get now.

Bookshelves look decent, and alot of 2.1 systems are really ugly in my opinion.

hmm

It's still pretty boomy, the R1600T isn't available here and I don't know what to get now.

Bookshelves look decent, and alot of 2.1 systems are really ugly in my opinion.

hmm

Microlab Solo 6C are pretty good too, they are big though.

Spoiler

Microlab Solo 6C are pretty good too, they are big though.

That's out of my budget lol, thanks anyway.

That's out of my budget lol, thanks anyway.

Microlab and Edifier products are good so.

Spoiler

these look wimpy to me, they might sound okay, but they have 0 looks. edifier ones have the looks and no fuss bookshelf speakers without the need for amp.

The Edifier ones are now out of my budget :(

any other ideas?

The Edifier ones are now out of my budget :(

any other ideas?

don't wait till the deal ends :dddddd

Spoiler

don't wait till the deal ends :dddddd

deal already ended dude :(

deal already ended dude :(

exaclty what i mean, you slept through a good deal. what can i say, just get the creative thing, it will play sound. 

Spoiler