Dualshock 4 via Bluetooth, pairing failed?

So, yeah. I recently bought a Bluetooth adapter for my main PC so I can connect the DS4 pad without a cable. The thing is, I enable pairing mode on the controller (holding down the share and the ps-button) and navigate to "add a Bluetooth device", and my PC picks it up without a problem as a wireless controller, but when I click "next" it tries to pair the controller for a good minute until it spits out an error saying that the pairing failed.

Running windows 8.1 and a CSR Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Any ideas?

So, yeah. I recently bought a Bluetooth adapter for my main PC so I can connect the DS4 pad without a cable. The thing is, I enable pairing mode on the controller (holding down the share and the ps-button) and navigate to "add a Bluetooth device", and my PC picks it up without a problem as a wireless controller, but when I click "next" it tries to pair the controller for a good minute until it spits out an error saying that the pairing failed.

Running windows 8.1 and a CSR Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

Any ideas?

Been battling with connecting my DS3 for half an hour. Windows isn't plug and play with Sony controllers as it is with XBOX360 controller.

You need a driver program like DS3 tool but that's only for DS3 controllers. 

DS3 tool didn't work for me. So what I ended up doing is using this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?pid=186161#pid186161 which makes your PC recognize DS3 controllers as XBOX360 controllers. Not sure it works for DS4's though.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I use DS4Tool 1.2.2 without problems. (also Win 8.1 and the DS4 controller)

There might be a newer version of the DS4Tool, i dont really know.

Make sure to not have programs open who use the controller (and TeamSpeak³ for some reason) at the time you connect the controller and set the programm to "Hide DS4 Controller".

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-