How to RMA a used Graphics Card?

xiamandrewx

Okay, so I bought a GTX 760 from MSI about 6ish months ago. In my current build it crashes my system only when playing graphically intense games. Even at low settings. And by crash I mean a complete reboot with no warnings and no blue screens. I'm not sure if it's the card as I had this problem before with NVidia cards in my mobo. This week I am getting a new mobo and building a new system with an old CPU I had going to waste. So, I'm gonna try the Graphics card in the new board before I declare the card defective, broken, or whatever.

But I digress. I bought the card second hand from someone at work. So I'm wondering how I can go about sending this to MSI or whoever for repair. Even if I have to pay for the repair, I wouldn't mind. I know that I'll probably have to pay, so I'm already expecting that. I have never RMA'd anything, so I wouldn't even know what to do if I had bought the card from Newegg brand new.

Thanks. Have a nice day!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

Ask the coworker you bought the card from to contact the retailer/manufacturer for you and request an RMA.

That said, I would highly suggest that you not pay for a repair unless its <$20 because there is no guarantee that the repair will solve your issue.

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Just a follow up for everyone. My card is perfectly fine. The issue was that my PSU only has one PCIe cable that is split in two at the end and apparently my card draws more power and needed two cables. I now have a spare PSU jumpered and powering the other connection spot and everything works just fine. I feel stupid, but it is what it is, i guess. Thanks for your help!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.