Is there a successor or better option to the FiiO E10?

hknutsen

So I'm looking at some DAC/AMP combos. I read the audio FAQ on the forums, and the FiiO E10 caught my attention. Now the problem is that I'm not going to be able to get this in my country, so I either have to go for a successor or an alternative. I basically need help finding a DAC/AMP combo for my M50x, as the output from my motherboard is rather poor. Even plugging the headphones into my MacBook Air sounds a lot better.

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 || CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz, 1.25V || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 3.5GB @ +200MHz Core/+500MHz Memory, +50mV

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || HDD: 2x HGST 1TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

Fiio E10k is the replacement. Monoprice dac/mp is what I use and I prefer it over the fiio.

I'll look into both, thanks :)

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 || CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz, 1.25V || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 3.5GB @ +200MHz Core/+500MHz Memory, +50mV

I'll look into both, thanks :)

I'd say the Syba DAC or the Monoprice are better. The Syba has more features and the Monoprice is much more powerful.

There's also the schiit fulla DAC/amp, which came out recently

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Fiio E10k is the replacement. Monoprice dac/mp is what I use and I prefer it over the fiio.

I'd say the Syba DAC or the Monoprice are better. The Syba has more features and the Monoprice is much more powerful.

There's also the schiit fulla DAC/amp, which came out recently

Sadly, I won't be able to get any of the DAC/AMPs mentioned above. It seems like amps are difficult to get where I live for some reason. I'll have to go with the E10K. Will there even be a difference running the audio through a DAC/AMP over just using your onboard audio? My MacBook Air has really great and punchy bass, which my PC is lacking. It's this kind of audio I want on my PC, and I thought maybe a DAC/AMP might help.

EDIT: Like mentioned before, I have the M50x.