What monitor to buy? Panorama y/n?

violetspectrum

Hey there! I'm an artist who does digital painting, animation, and visual development/concept art. Picture quality matters. I am looking for the perfect monitor for someone who wants those rich, dark blacks all the way to bright whites and everything in between, depth in color, and minimal color distortion from light leaks and poor viewing angles.

I work on a 22HD Cintiq as a secondary monitor, but my primary monitor is used to check colors for print, pin references up as I draw, browse internet, etc. I'm also a little indulgent as I love looking at beautiful lush colors.

Since I tend to multitask, I was thinking maybe it's about time I think about replacing my current monitor with a panoramic display. I would like a monitor that can achieve a wide color space.

Lastly, I love to game as well. It's a smaller concern, however :P

Oh, this is a lovely looking monitor! :D Great contrast ratio, but it doesn't appear to be a white gamut monitor. I'm looking to go beyond sRGB and well into aRGB and NTSC.  I'm wondering what some of the panoramic options are out there, too.

Depends how much you are willing to spend :D

I'd get a 144hz monitor, 23" or larger, 1080p Minimum, RGBY pixels

Any well known brand will work as long as it does what you need it to do. 

Sounds good! After that, it's probably just reading the reviews to ensure the product is approved by other individuals.

Just one thing I'm curious about--how does the frequency of the monitor affect it?