840 Pro SSD Benchmark results?

DelusionalSyko
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

I guess you have RAPID mode on? If so take these results with a pinch of salt. You know its not correct when your 5GB/s is far outwith the capability's of SATA 3.0 bottlenecks.

This looks like a glitch in the benchmark results I ran, considering that the speeds are unbelievable. I ran the test within Samsung Magician, here are the results below:

5hwwIhH.png

I still have to remove the poop from my pants that accumulated when I found these results...but 5GB/s read on  a single SSD doesn't sound right...

I guess you have RAPID mode on? If so take these results with a pinch of salt. You know its not correct when your 5GB/s is far outwith the capability's of SATA 3.0 bottlenecks.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I just now turned it on and ran that test. The results of that test just look like a huge glitch because they're breaking the limitations of a SATA III connector, but I was still surprised at what it showed me. Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue with RAPID mode on.

I just now turned it on and ran that test. The results of that test just look like a huge glitch because they're breaking the limitations of a SATA III connector, but I was still surprised at what it showed me. Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue with RAPID mode on.

I have seen a few posts here with the same questions. Its not just you haha :D

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I have seen a few posts here with the same questions. Its not just you haha :D

Good. I'll just say it's a glitch in the application and call it good. This SSD is blinding fast, and I seriously doubt I'd get much use out of a physically impossible 5GB/s read/write speed.

Good. I'll just say it's a glitch in the application and call it good. This SSD is blinding fast, and I seriously doubt I'd get much use out of a physically impossible 5GB/s read/write speed.

Can we trade ssd's? :D

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

No, it's no glitch. RAPID mode uses ~1GB of RAM as Cache, and what you see is the resulting speed. (remember: RAM is much faster than SSDs)

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

No, it's no glitch. RAPID mode uses ~1GB of RAM as Cache, and what you see is the resulting speed. (remember: RAM is much faster than SSDs)

So is that benchmark result the speed at which I can write to cache?

So is that benchmark result the speed at which I can write to cache?

Yes. Not sure though, if it's just writing to cache or to a combination of cache and SSD. The performance increase you see, however is caused by the cache.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)