Which CPU is better for gaming?

You can get an 8350 for cheaper than a 2500K.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

2500K for lightly threaded applications like gaming.

To be honest either works. I would suggest an 8350 vs a 8120 though!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

It will really depend on the types of games you play most. There are a ton of youtube videos out there comparing intel to amd in gaming.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

A 2500k destroys an 8350 in games and if you were to get a 3570k it would be even better.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Both will handle gaming perfectly fine, although the 2500k benchmarks better. At this point I wouldn't bother with either though. The 8350 performs much better than the 8120, and the 3570K isn't to much more expensive than the 2500K, uses less power, and is a newer processor overall. With Haswell coming out a 2500K will be 3 generations old soon. Of course it you're going for a budget build you could get a 8120 and a good cooler and overclock it.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

2500k But you might haswell wait a bit. lolpuns

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I already have my PC, just wanted to know which one was better for gaming. I have the 8120 but I'm always rendering videos so its better for me but a friend is going to make a new PC soon and he wanted to know how was better for him because they're more or less in the same price. Thanks for all your answers.

You should wait for Hasewell for more CPU upgradeability options. It uses 1150 socket instead of Ivy Bridge's 1155.

You should wait for Hasewell for more CPU upgradeability options. It uses 1150 socket instead of Ivy Bridge's 1155.
I might build another PC this year with Haswell when it comes out.

Gaming only? some multitasking? AMD is the way to go, cheaper, mb's are cheaper and a great value for gaming even @ highest!

you like video-editing? intel is better in that way, up to you! (: