295x2 driver problems

Yes and the whole time you can tell the computer is working and it doesn't take an hour.  And if that was the problem turning off half of the card won't fix things.  AMD has made such CRAP drivers that HALF of my card stalls the %$#@ing computer.  Remind me why pay programmers? 

AMD should be embarrassed.

Yeah. 
Erm. 
That 8350, even overclocked to 11 Ghz, is going to bottleneck the balls out of that card. 

4790K time. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

The 8350 isn't the problem!!  I can't %$#@ing install drivers if I want to boot I never get to a point where the word bottleneck would occur.

Yeah.

Erm.

That 8350, even overclocked to 11 Ghz, is going to bottleneck the balls out of that card.

4790K time.

Even at 11GHz?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Even at 11GHz?

Eleventy hundred jigglehertz.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

You can't complain about it not worked with DX12 when it isn't released yet. DX12 will be a completely different ball playing field. Again, I've told you...Most modern video cards support DX12, including the lowly GTX 750. The R9 290 was released before DX12 was even mentioned. Mantle caused Microsoft to form DX12. I'm not going to continue arguing.

I think any video card made by NVIDIA from the 400 series and higher will work. ;)

You all are missing the point the 8350 is not the issue I never get to the point where I would get to the point where it would be!  The AMD graphics drivers blow my system every time I install them!!!  I haven't been able to windows updates before the system is toast.  I would love to get to a bottleneck being an issue, I am miles away.

Thanks I had a 400 series...I want my NEW card to work...I want high end graphics and people to not say oops the new stuff is broke.  Go back to your old card.

Thanks I had a 400 series...I want my NEW card to work...I want high end graphics and people to not say oops the new stuff is broke.  Go back to your old card.

I suppose your only other option is to RMA.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

How many times do I have to say it the card is not the issue the drivers SUCK if I get a new card the drivers will still SUCK.  I have never gotten far enough to test the card to say for sure it is fine but if I get a new one the drivers will still have been made by the same 4 year olds.

How many times do I have to say it the card is not the issue the drivers SUCK if I get a new card the drivers will still SUCK.  I have never gotten far enough to test the card to say for sure it is fine but if I get a new one the drivers will still have been made by the same 4 year olds.

How do you know the card isn't the issue?

Let's see...install hardware...fine...install windows...fine...install driver....toast.

Sounds like the drivers to me...

Let's see...install hardware...fine...install windows...fine...install driver....toast.

Sounds like the drivers to me...

So what are you doing with the card if you're going to be stuck with the same drivers? No real point in troubleshooting if it's only the drivers, right?

That is like saying Windows sucks...oh well.  If it is the drivers it should be possible to make them as bad of a time as I am having I can't imagine a company like amd would put out a driver that just lands on its face.  Or I won't be the only one saying AMD should be embarrassed.

• 1 year later...

@Torna did you ever fix this issue? If you did then what was the solution?

13 hours ago, Oseth said:

@Torna did you ever fix this issue? If you did then what was the solution?

I just read this..  Briefly (smirk)

Wondering same thing now wondering how long he spent windows up time before cracking the giggles with the driver install. He said the card made it into windows right but not if it was stable without AMD drivers installed I mean common even a broken system can remain idle in the OS for a driver to be re installed.  If the cards fine I bet the OP is on Windows 10 by now and using latest drivers catalyst is the past really now.