295x2 driver problems

So I just upgraded my computer...

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 mobo

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition   cpu

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2  psu

and my problem child....

XFX Core Edition R9-295X2 GPU.

I love the system I want everything to work more than anything BUT as much as I try the 295X2 drivers have done everything but work....I have tried from going all the way down to the 14.4 Catalyst drivers all the way up to the new omega graphics.  If I am lucky they install and everything goes as planed then I restart and never get back to windows....if I am unlucky during the driver install the screen flickers like it says it should and then goes black and I never get Windows back.  I have gone hunting for help online and found a ton of people having this problem (not with this card)  I have tried every solution I can find with no change.  I have messed with regedit a bunch, it feels like all I do is spend time in safe mode, I have reinstalled Windows more than I want to admit, I have tried Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 I am really resisting the idea of going back to 7.  I have gotten far enough once I thought I had it solved, installed games, restarted and things blew up again (if you ask me what I did that time to get that far I don't remember that was 2 days ago I have been at this for for days)

Please help I am resisting the idea but I have started to think if I had just bought Nvida I would have been playing games 4 days ago....I want my 295 to work :(

If you're willing to test it on W7, I'd give that a shot. A lot of people have issues with W8.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1.  Yeah...as the Default Microsoft Display Adapter....making not worth the circuit board it was printed on.
2. What is the point of having a $1000 graphics card that blow DX12 out of the water if I go back to W7 and can't use DX12?

That 8350 is gonna bottleneck this beast of a card... Is it overclocked?

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Overclocked...?  I can't restart after my first updates....if the drivers go in at all...no I haven't overclocked anything.

1.  Yeah...as the Default Microsoft Display Adapter....making not worth the circuit board it was printed on.

2. What is the point of having a $1000 graphics card that blow DX12 out of the water if I go back to W7 and can't use DX12?

just try win 7, it's better than nothing

I have better than nothing I have my old card....if I wanted better than nothing I would have put that in days ago....I have no interest in better than nothing I want my $1000 card to work...actually work not a work around.

I have better than nothing I have my old card....if I wanted better than nothing I would have put that in days ago....I have no interest in better than nothing I want my $1000 card to work...actually work not a work around.

Sometimes you need to use a workaround. If Windows 7 works, then so be it. If it doesn't, then keep testing. It's as simple as that. I'm not going to "listen" to you complain without actually trying reasonable suggestions. If you actually want to use your card, then you best continue testing. I'm not going to waste my time.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Explain to me why I own a DX12 card if I don't use it in an OS that can't use DX12....won't I be better suited to get a different card that can actually work in W10 and DX12? 
As to not listening....I have been working on this driver %$#@ for 4 days.  If I had wanted a work around won't have tried that 4 days ago?  This is a enthusiast grade card...it isn't designed for W7 it is designed W10. 

My complaints come because I tried 4 days of reasonable suggestions...and if I look at cards that I could get to replace it if I got a refund....just depress me because this card are all crushed by this monster.

Explain to me why I own a DX12 card if I don't use it in an OS that can't use DX12....won't I be better suited to get a different card that can actually work in W10 and DX12?

As to not listening....I have been working on this driver %$#@ for 4 days. If I had wanted a work around won't have tried that 4 days ago? This is a enthusiast grade card...it isn't designed for W7 it is designed W10.

My complaints come because I tried 4 days of reasonable suggestions...and if I look at cards that I could get to replace it if I got a refund....just depress me because this card are all crushed by this monster.

Most modern video cards support DX12. Nothing new. A card is not really designed with any OS in mind unless it's with specific features. Your card is not engineered to work better with W8. Performance may improve by using W8/W10, but that's because of the OS itself. By the way, the 290 was released long before W10 was even a thing. I've already told you. Many people have had issues with W8. I've seen countless threads where people complain about issues with W8. In addition, W10 is in beta. It needs work–to expect the OS to just work is ludicrous. Is there even proper driver support for W10 yet?

None of that helps me get my monster working with DX12.

None of that helps me get my monster working with DX12.

DX12 isn't released yet.

Semantics...it is everywhere no DX12 for W7.  If I don't get it work in W8 or higher I don't get to use DX12.  which seems pointless with this card....it is designed to smash the crap out of bleeding edge technology so I have to last gen tech to make it boot.

Just try! this whole time you spent here talking about DX12 and W10 you could have installed W7 many times, just try

Semantics...it is everywhere no DX12 for W7.  If I don't get it work in W8 or higher I don't get to use DX12.  which seems pointless with this card....it is designed to smash the crap out of bleeding edge technology so I have to last gen tech to make it boot.

You can't complain about it not worked with DX12 when it isn't released yet. DX12 will be a completely different ball playing field. Again, I've told you...Most modern video cards support DX12, including the lowly GTX 750. The R9 290 was released before DX12 was even mentioned. Mantle caused Microsoft to form DX12. I'm not going to continue arguing.

The card support is not the issue the OS support is.  And I am sorry arguing that DX12 isn't out is like saying I should stick with my old graphics card and yet for some reason I want my new card to work in the new version of windows not the version of windows that is 4 versions back.

Just finished testing with W7...same result after the starting Windows logo black screen.

So can someone please give me an idea I haven't tried since it seems both XFX and ATi both think computer problems only happen during business hours. 

So can someone please give me an idea I haven't tried since it seems both XFX and ATi both think computer problems only happen during business hours.

I suggest giving the card an RMA when possible. Also, it's AMD now. ATI was bought out by AMD years ago.

Which ever it is still has the hilarious idea that computer problems on a 9-5 M-F schedule.  And as I have said over and over...it is not the card the drivers suck....I say that realizing that I have had no chance to check the card at all because the drivers are so bad.  I would RMA it but all I can think it would be another week of no computer and then I am back at the same crap drivers.

I sort of figured it out...I can boot at least.  AMD does realize when they have 4 year olds write the drivers it is against child labor laws...?