AMD FX-9590?

I just got this cpu and I didn't install it yet. But I wanted to know if it will bottleneck my Asus Strix NVIDIA GTX 980 in sli when I'm playing gpu intense games such as bf4 on ultra and cod advanced warfare on ultra. I also saw on newegg people were complaining it got really really hot like around 70celsius on playing gpu intense games and 58 Celsius on idle with built in heat sink. Would that heat be a big problem because wouldn't amd know that the cpu would be hot and would make sure that the built in heat sink with case fans would be safe to run without extra cooling? What I'm trying to say is will I need water cooling and does anybody know any good water cooling manufactures? Thanks :)

Yes it will bottleneck you GPUs. Why would you even buy that CPU? 

I facepalm so hard everytime i see someone buy that CPU.

As for cooling i suggest a Corsair H105 with noctua pressure fans.

Oh and it's gonna get HOT!...like VERY HOT. You could keep your window open (depends where it is and how big it is) during the winter.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

It's also clocked at 4.7 ghz out of box and probably could overclock it to 5.2 ghz or more with good air cooling and watercooling.

But when I go on cpu boss it's like better than some of the i5's

Wow. Just wow. (more facepalming going on here).

It may be better than the i5s, but at what cost!!!!

1) You are running on a 3 year old platform => no pcie 3.0, less sata 3.0 ports, less usb 3.0 ports

2) It performs worse in common title such as dota 2, LoL, TF2, etc.

3) IT CONSUMES A SH*T TON OF POWER! (you may end you frying your motherboard)

4) HEAT....LOTS OF HEAT! (you'll see you won't be able to live with that) => high temps in your case = more noise from ALL components and even degradation of your hard drive (happened to me when i was running my 8350 @ 5.1ghz (basically a 9590) and my HDD ended up failing).

5) Overclocking that is very dangerous for the motherboard (and more heat..argument in point 4).

Moral of the story ==> send it back along with the mobo ASAP!

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Ok what CPU should I look to getting my budget is 400 USD

CPU 400 or CPU+mobo = 400?

For 400, i suggest the 4790K along with a good quiet air cooler like the dark rock pro 3 or the cryorig r1 ultimate. As for the motherboard, The VII Hero is a nice looking motherboard with all Z97 features. If that is a little too much or you don't like the aesthetics consider the MSI Z97 MPower.

Oh, and don't EVER trust cpuboss, gpuboss or any of those websites. I suggest you ask on this forum (or another computer forum, not tomshardware because they are full of inexperienced builders) before making ANY computer related purchase.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Well, that's because you went to CPU boss. That's a really poor way of comparing CPU's. A 9590 can't even saturate one 980, let alone 2. 

In fact it's almost tied up with Intel core i7 4770k.

If you believed that, you wouldn't be concerned about it bottlenecking your GPUs...

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

It's also clocked at 4.7 ghz out of box and probably could overclock it to 5.2 ghz or more with good air cooling and watercooling.

Higher clock speed does NOT make it a better CPU

In fact it's almost tied up with Intel core i7 4770k.

No, not really http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-vs-AMD-FX-9590

Let's say it's as fast as an Intel Core i5  That's fine, but the i5 costs A lot less.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Either a i7 or go with a 5820k on the x99 chipset but that'll be quite expensive because you'll have to invest in DDR4

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Like Intel core i7 5820k?

CPU 400 or CPU+mobo = 400?

For 400, i suggest the 4790K along with a good quiet air cooler like the dark rock pro 3 or the cryorig r1 ultimate. As for the motherboard, The VII Hero is a nice looking motherboard with all Z97 features. If that is a little too much or you don't like the aesthetics consider the MSI Z97 MPower.

Oh, and don't EVER trust cpuboss, gpuboss or any of those websites. I suggest you ask on this forum (or another computer forum, not tomshardware because they are full of inexperienced builders) before making ANY computer related purchase

The 5820K will force you to spend a little more on the motherboard and RAM, but IMO it is well worth it :)

As for the motherboard, the MSI X99S Mpower or Asus X99-A would a good option and for RAM just get the cheapest DDR4 you can find (i sue crucial and it is working well (and overclocks well)).

Ok I will return this CPU but should I get i7 5820k?

As outlined above, if you have the extra money for DDR4 and X99 then YES, by all means do so.

I also urge you to press the "Quote" button on the bottom right everytime you quote someone so they can see it in their feed. :)
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I just got this cpu and I didn't install it yet. But I wanted to know if it will bottleneck my Asus Strix NVIDIA GTX 980 in sli when I'm playing gpu intense games such as bf4 on ultra and cod advanced warfare on ultra. I also saw on newegg people were complaining it got really really hot like around 70celsius on playing gpu intense games and 58 Celsius on idle with built in heat sink. Would that heat be a big problem because wouldn't amd know that the cpu would be hot and would make sure that the built in heat sink with case fans would be safe to run without extra cooling? What I'm trying to say is will I need water cooling and does anybody know any good water cooling manufactures? Thanks :)

Dude... try to get rid of that cpu maybe you can sell it on ebay. What exactly do you mean by built in heatsink? That cpu isn't supposed to ship with a heatsink because it gets extremeley hot and if there's a standard AMD FX stock cooler included you should not use it - theres no way it can handle the heat.

I'd also suggest getting a 4970K with a decent Z97 Mobo.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Ok what CPU should I look to getting my budget is 400 USD

Unless you're doing a lot of editing and rendering etc, just return it and get a 4690k, you don't really need anything more.

Either a i7 or go with a 5820k on the x99 chipset but that'll be quite expensive because you'll have to invest in DDR4

DDR4 isn't that expensive anymore, you can get it at under $12/gb.

Ok I will return this CPU but should I get i7 5820k?

For just gaming, get a 4690k, even a 5820k won't really help for current games. It is only worth it if you do multitasking while gaming or some productivity work.

At the very least, buy an i5-4690k + Z97 motherboard.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."