Looking for a good gaming/office chair?

IBIubbleTea

So I'm looking for a nice gaming/office chair because I'm currently using this shitty/cheap office chair that doesn't really have any padding, just hard plastic. I also have bad back posture and the chair doesn't doesn't cover my whole back when I lean on it which I think is a serious problem  Looking for maybe $200 and under, cheaper of course would be better. I live in Canada, Vancouver, BC. Would Ikea be the ideal place to go check out? 

Thanks.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

omega racing chair

$200 can buy a pretty damn nice chair. Just walk into an office supply store and try them out, see what you like the best.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Check out the DXRacer chairs, and there was another company similar to it that makes great chairs too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

omega racing chair

Check out the DXRacer chairs, and there was another company similar to it that makes great chairs too.

The thing with the these gaming chairs is that they cost way to much, $300+ They do look good though... 

The thing with the these gaming chairs is that they cost way to much, $300+ They do look good though... 

I'm pretty sure they had/have some under $200 or so...

There are some nice looking ones on amazon too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Don't buy a "gaming" chair. Buy something that is comfortable. Go to your staples/ikea/whatever and test them out.

System: Thinkpad T460

I'm pretty sure they had/have some under $200 or so...

There are some nice looking ones on amazon too.

Not sure what you're looking at but the cheapest I have found on their website was 329.99.... But whatever, I will just check Ikea and Staples.

I wouldnt buy any of the knockoff racing seat chairs. You can order yourself a Racarro racing seat and order everything needed to turn it into a chair cheaper than most of those higher end gaming chairs cost and nothing beats a Racarro racing seat I had two of them in my 99 camaro ss along with 5 point racing harnesses and they were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

What is 'gaming' about a chair? Does it play pacman on the armrest on a touch interface or something?

What is 'gaming' about a chair? Does it play pacman on the armrest on a touch interface or something?

Hey thanks for helping! 

I don't know, people just use that term, maybe for comfort and looks. Like gaming motherboards..

Hey thanks for helping! 

I don't know, people just use that term, maybe for comfort and looks. Like gaming motherboards..

So it's used for marketing!

Now me... I would want a Sitting Chair....

I have seen some awesome "gaming" chairs in the past with rumble packs in the butt rest and joystick mounts on both arms along with two small speakers in the head rest now thats a gaming chair.

I have seen some awesome "gaming" chairs in the past with rumble packs in the butt rest and joystick mounts on both arms along with two small speakers in the head rest now thats a gaming chair.

Yep, that bears true to the name at least

Whatever you get, make sure the material is to your liking and that it has armrests

Yep, that bears true to the name at least

The last one I saw was at a hobby shop in the town I used to live in. The chair ran $229.99 and it was extremely comfortable and came in a grey and black color scheme but either way though it was just a modified office chair but it was still awesome.