Best headsets for Xbox One and PC?

Tim Drake

OK so one of my friend is looking for a budget for headset that can do game sound sound and voice chat on Xbox one while also being able to use it on PC. Keep this one under £40 please.

On the other hand we have my friend who wants longevity out of his stuff and is considering astros and I was just wondering what you guys think the best gaming headset for Xbox one and PC for best bang for your buck would be?

Thanks!

I don't think you can cross the platforms like that. Could be wrong, never tried.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I personally have the ModMic 4.0. I don't know if this would be an option for them, but if they already have headphones then this, imo, is the best way to go. The mic is excellent, especially for the price. Plus it can be used with console/pc.

I don't think you can cross the platforms like that. Could be wrong, never tried.

I am currently using "Tritton Detonators" on a PC. Great mic quality and sound quality for £30!

I've tried, you can't. At least not with PC specific headsets like my Logitech.

Maybe Turtle Beaches would world or something

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I've tried, you can't. At least not with PC specific headsets like my Logitech.

Maybe Turtle Beaches would world or something

Xbox One has a chat adapter, so yes you can. I wouldn't say that they would sell a chat adapter for £20 just for it not to work. Then again, it is Microsoft..

Xbox One has a chat adapter, so yes you can. I wouldn't say that they would sell a chat adapter for £20 just for it not to work. Then again, it is Microsoft..

I meant in the sense of not having to pay extra money because Microshill wants to squeeze every penny

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I think you could get a splitter for the mic cable (might go with a modmic) and have the female end plug into the modmic, and have one of two male adapters go into your microphone port in the xbox one controller, and one into the mic jack in your pc...thats really the only option i see at this point...

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

I think you could get a splitter for the mic cable (might go with a modmic) and have the female end plug into the modmic, and have one of two male adapters go into your microphone port in the xbox one controller, and one into the mic jack in your pc...thats really the only option i see at this point...

The point of this thread is to find a new good headset.