Will GTX 970s from different brands be SLI compatible?

I'm planning on getting Gigabyte windforce and an Evga ACX 2.0 gtx 970s, one of each. To me it seems that they would be able to work in 2-way SLI but I just need to make sure.

Yes, they are compatible. Brand doesn't matter for sli/cf.

This belongs in the Graphics Cards section. I'm moving the thread.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They will, i think I've seen Linus do so a couple of times. The only issue you might run into is the different sizes of the cards, so a flexible SLI bridge is recommended.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

yes as long as they have the same amount of vram

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Don't do it! The earth will cease to exist, it will implode.

Yes, they are compatible. Brand doesn't matter for sli/cf.

This belongs in the Graphics Cards section. I'm moving the thread.

Sorry for putting the thread in the wrong topic :(

I will work, however I have been told by an NVIDIA support member that they suggest the same make/model. But mix / max will work.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Sorry for putting the thread in the wrong topic :(

It's all good. Just try to post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It does not work. There is a bug from nvidia.. I have MSI and EVGA. GTX 970. They will not SLI. I have a compatible SLI mobo. Updated all the bios and drivers chipset. Still could not have them run in SLI from the Nvidia control panel. The only way for me to have them run sli is use the differentsliauto patch program. Refer to this thread. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/781585/sli/can-t-enable-sli-with-2x-gtx-970-updated-/