Should I blow ~$20 on a USB antminer?

Just asking if I should get it for fun, thanks for the info though :)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Just asking if I should get it for fun, thanks for the info though :)

all im going to say is if you make a profit yes otherwise you just wasted money that could be used to feed 320 people

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

all im going to say is if you make a profit yes otherwise you just wasted money that could be used to feed 320 people

you certainly have a point, but why buy any computer component then

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Absolutely not.

They are extremely overpriced in terms of hashrate per dollar and terribly inefficient compared to modern ASICS in hashes per watt. (Runs slower while using more electricity)

You would be better off purchasing a $20 worth of cloud mining (which isn't exactly worth it either) Tradable cloud mining can cost around 23 cents per gigahash, roughly 85 G/hash for that same $20.

I am in no way advocating for cloud mining, it is however much better than a "cheap" and old USB ASIC.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.