Cheap Windows?

MeDownYou
Go to solution Solved by Lotus,

When I worked at a shop that did custom builds, there's no getting around it. We allowed the end user to provide their own license if they had one, but there's no cheaper legit way of getting windows. OEM is the best price you can find without the dreamspark program, and that's only supposed to be available to students and are temporary licenses (screw you G2A!).

Windows appears to go for 90-110 bucks typically for a copy from newegg or outlet pc. 

I'd like to know what you guys do for an OS since when building a budget build the os can run 15-30% of the total cost. 

I know about linux already... 

I'd especially like to hear from custom builders (for clients)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

When I worked at a shop that did custom builds, there's no getting around it. We allowed the end user to provide their own license if they had one, but there's no cheaper legit way of getting windows. OEM is the best price you can find without the dreamspark program, and that's only supposed to be available to students and are temporary licenses (screw you G2A!).

only G2A that I know of

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

There are sellers online that get their licences in somewhat, not-so-legal ways that go for around $10-40 even for ultimate versions. I don't advocate going for this choice, but it exists.

:( looks like it is going to be an expensive OS again...even a bulk discount would be appreciated for me tbh...

oh and g2a someone mentioned to me but it said it was 109 dollars on there or something and often times illegal copies/temp copies are given

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

There are sellers online that get their licences in somewhat, not-so-legal ways that go for around $10-40 even for ultimate versions. I don't advocate going for this choice, but it exists.

What are ultimate versions? What can be different in e.g. win 8 standard and ultimate?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

What are ultimate versions? What can be different in e.g. win 8 standard and ultimate?

Ultimate was on Vista and 7. Windows 8 has simply non-Pro or Pro version. The Pro version comes with some more options, which come in handy if you are a power user and like to thinker in the Windows itself. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Ultimate was on Vista and 7. Windows 8 has simply non-Pro or Pro version. The Pro version comes with some more options, which come in handy if you are a power user and like to thinker in the Windows itself.

Options like what?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!