My build won't work and I can't figure out why

Go to solution Solved by Elven,

Heya,

Take out the gfx card and try plugging the monitor cable into the motherboard. See if it works that way.

The motherboard doesn't have integrated video outputs. 

Does the motherboard make any beeping sounds when you try turning it on? If the 560 defo works and it still doesn't boot up, it could possibly be the memory. Have you tried posting with one of the memory modules?

Elven

First off, specs:

Intel 3930k
Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WIFI Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 32GB
XFX ProEdition 1000W PSU
GTX 780

The machine is built and everything turns on when the power switch is used (Fans, lights, ram, PSU, etc). However no signal is passed out of the graphics card. I did some digging and found out that the X79S-UP5 has a issue with Titan grade GPUs. So I tried booting with a GTX 560 which I know works, along with it's cable. I still got the same black screen. It could be a BIOS issue but I can't seen the screen to update the BIOS (Blind attempts have failed). All power cables and Motherboard cables are correctly connected. The motherboard CPU connectors have also been examined and show no signs of damage.

So, what the hell is wrong with it and how can I fix it?

- Matt

EDIT: The motherboard does not have a integrated video output, so that is not an option.

Does your monitor have right input source? 

Does your monitor have right input source? 

Indeed it does. The monitor is also working as is the input I'm using.

Take out the gfx card and try plugging the monitor cable into the motherboard. See if it works that way.

Or plug it in directly and let the card sit in it's place and install the drivers, reboot your system and try again by plugging into the graphics card.

Heya,

Does the motherboard make any beeping sounds when you try turning it on? If the 560 defo works and it still doesn't boot up, it could possibly be the memory. Have you tried posting with one of the memory modules?

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Heya,

Elven

It does not, it doesn't have a speaker to make noises even if it wants to. Hm, I'll try some different memory modules. 

Try a clear CMOS

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Heya,

Elven

Not even HDMI... That's kinda lame even if it is for the enthusiast platform.

Not even HDMI... That's kinda lame even if it is for the enthusiast platform.

Its because the CPU its self does not have a iGPU on the CPU

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Its because the CPU its self does not have a iGPU on the CPU

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Heya,

Elven

Huh, so apparently the memory modules were in the wrong slots. This is why you shouldn't let relatives help you. thanks for the help!

Huh, so apparently the memory modules were in the wrong slots. This is why you shouldn't let relatives help you. thanks for the help!

lol! glad the problem was solved and it wasn't a dud motherboard  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.