GTX 690 cheap

TheIcedCanadian

Hi,

I was looking around on ebay for a GPU upgrade and I saw this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ASUS-GTX690-4GD5-GeForce-GTX-690-4GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-/221641912407?pt=AU_Components&hash=item339ae33057

I was wondering if this was a really good deal and if it seems dodgy - it is from China so I am not sure if I want to buy it given the other 690s are like $1500 here (Australia)

Thanks

How trouble?

Like fake accounts.

And some reasons they tell you that the delivery lasts over 3months.

How trouble?

Maybe DOA, or some sort of issue, making you pay return shipping?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

Like fake accounts.

And some reasons they tell you that the delivery lasts over 3months.

Fake accounts? just check the ratings and such

If they do prolong shipment, can't one just go through PayPal and file a refund or complaint or something? Dunno

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

I just don´t think it´s worth it to ME to get grey hairs. Thats all.

Maybe it´ll work flawless, maybe not.

I just don´t think it´s worth it to ME to get grey hairs. Thats all.

Maybe it´ll work flawless, maybe not.

Fake accounts? just check the ratings and such

If they do prolong shipment, can't one just go through PayPal and file a refund or complaint or something? Dunno

What about this - based right here in Sydney Australia:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-R9-290-4GB-512-bit-GDDR5-2x-DVI-HDMI-DisplayPort-/231427273056?pt=AU_Components&hash=item35e223f160

Not familiar with shipping to Australia and whatnot, but Newegg has some R9 290s for ~$250 new

Not familiar with shipping to Australia and whatnot, but Newegg has some R9 290s for ~$250 new

Shipping is like $100+ (if they offer it)

Shipping is like $100+ (if they offer it)

ahh I see. The 290 you linked from eBay has been used for cyrpto mining, which is nice for him/her to say. I guess it depends on you. 

post-140523-0-91146400-1419395168.png

EDIT: Hmmm, LTT forum seems to crop it if the image is too wide. Interesting 

ahh I see. The 290 you linked from eBay has been used for cyrpto mining, which is nice for him/her to say. I guess it depends on you. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-23 at 8.25.05 PM.png

EDIT: Hmmm, LTT forum seems to crop it if the image is too wide. Interesting 

Does crypto mining decrease performance at all?

It´s like buying an car that was always pushed to it´s limits on cold start.

It doesn´t decrease the performance. 

I haven't mined in about a year and don't even understand cryptography that much, even after browsing Bitcoin/altcoin forums and reading wikis on it, so someone correct me if I'm wrong >.<

Mining puts a 100% load on the GPU(s). So, even if the user has adequate cooling, the lifespan of the card has been reduced much more than if the user was just gaming on it. Most hardcore miners, not sure if this guys is or not, but he does have 3 cards in total which would suggest he was somewhat serious on mining, would mine for 24/7, if temperature permits it. So 100% load at 24/7 at X amount of days/weeks/months would probably degrade the lifespan of the card. 

Performance wise, I am not sure, I assume it would be the same as any aged card, but it would be the lifespan of the card that would concern me more

EDIT: Oh, he said he mined with the cards for about 8 months