NZXT Switch 810 paint job

TheMrBeb
Go to solution Solved by Skyfire,

Just tape up the white parts, and spray paint away. The case is plastic, is it not? Should be easy enough. Prime it up, and spray paint it with red with several coats. Done.

Hey everyone. First off I was wondering if it would be possible to only paint the black accents red on the white NZXT Switch 810 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146088 if so, how could this be done? And any recommendations on who could do this for me as I am reluctant to try myself, keeping in mind that I live in Victoria Australia

Any kind of input if much appreciated.

Just tape up the white parts, and spray paint away. The case is plastic, is it not? Should be easy enough. Prime it up, and spray paint it with red with several coats. Done.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Hey everyone. First off I was wondering if it would be possible to only paint the black accents red on the white NZXT Switch 810 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146088 if so, how could this be done? And any recommendations on who could do this for me as I am reluctant to try myself, keeping in mind that I live in Victoria Australia

Any kind of input if much appreciated.

You could defiantly do this. I would probably cover up the white with some kind of paper and either spray paint or paint the red on. First though you would have to sand away the black I'm pretty sure, though don't quote me on that as I am not a paint expert.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah didnt think of that, mostly because I have no painting expieriance at all. Meaning I also have know clue about coats and what to buy.

Gotta work on your quoting skills, bud! Anyway, to keep it simple, try using vinyl dye. Here's a link from Supercheap auto. I think they have them in Victoria, haha. No need for primer. So all you have to do is tape up the parts you don't want painted, and spray this shit on evenly. You can youtube how to spray paint. Easy stuff. Be sure to do several layers. Since it's just accents, probably at least 3. 

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Dupli-Color-Vinyl-Paint-Red-311g.aspx?pid=324089#Cross

NOTE: Since you're painting on black, it may not turn out how you want it to be. You may need to consider painting it white first if you really want a vibrant red. 

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Gotta work on your quoting skills, bud! Anyway, to keep it simple, try using vinyl dye. Here's a link from Supercheap auto. I think they have them in Victoria, haha. No need for primer. So all you have to do is tape up the parts you don't want painted, and spray this shit on evenly. You can youtube how to spray paint. Easy stuff. Be sure to do several layers. Since it's just accents, probably at least 3. 

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Dupli-Color-Vinyl-Paint-Red-311g.aspx?pid=324089#Cross

NOTE: Since you're painting on black, it may not turn out how you want it to be. You may need to consider painting it white first if you really want a vibrant red.

I was on mobile version which doesn't give a direct reply. Thanks alot for the help, Weill give it a go

I was on mobile version which doesn't give a direct reply. Thanks alot for the help, Weill give it a go

No worries, mate. Hope it turns out the way you want. If it does, make a thread and post pictures. Good luck :)