Apps for Android

TechSage

I want to make an App for android that allows people to vote for people who are nominated. What languages do I need to know to make this happen? I know HTML, and QBasic, I'm 17

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I was going to say English but I guess computer languages would help also.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Android apps are typically written in Java. Check out the Android Studio IDE.

Android Studio is awesome! However it is a very new software, version 1.5 I think. You could also try the ADT bundle, it installs Eclipse and everything you need to write Android apps.

As far as languages go, you will need a pretty good grasp of Java. Android also uses XML, however I had no knowledge of that before developing for Android. Just Java knowledge and creativity are needed.

Read through this for all the information you will need for Android development; it is really helpful.

http://developer.android.com/design/index.html

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer