3D applications with a 660 Ti

xNeon

I have a 660 Ti in my system, and have stopped gaming recently. I've been doing some mind numbing research and have found in a few places that there are minimal differences between Quadro and GeForce cards, mainly that GeForce is clocked higher and optimized for performance as far as frame rates and things like that and Quadro is clocked lower and optimized for reliability and less artifacts and so on. So basically my question is, where can I find drivers to use a 660 Ti with all of its CUDA power for applications like NukeX, AutoCAD and Maya? This would just be a hobby, so if the drivers don't exist I'm not gonna drop the money on a K5000. Thanks for any help!

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

You cant, they are designed differently. They have different pcbs, any driver that would work wouldnt work well and will have many problems.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Nvidia purposely tries to prevent good workstation class drivers for GeForce cards because it would hurt their bottom line.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552