FRC gets a new offseason event in Louisiana

This is the first year for the Louisiana offseason FIRST Robotics Competition event. I wish I had better news to introduce linus tech to FRC than this but hell, any excuse is good enough, I figured you guys would be interested in this sort of stuff. Here's the louisiana offseason event Red Stick Rumble in Baton Rouge Louisiana. If you've never seen an FRC event and you are in the area definitely check this out. http://www.redstickrumble.org/

For those not lucky enough to be in the area there are several other events. You can find the list here: 
IRI (http://www.indianaroboticsinvitational.org/) is the biggest offseason regional and will feature almost all the top teams. Our team, 1310 is going, ask for Scott if you want to talk with me.

FRC is a high school robotics competition with a couple thousand teams across the world (mostly in the states, best ones are in Canada-I am a little biased)  which takes place every year. Teams get a new game every year and only have 6 weeks to strategize, design, build and test their robots before competition starts. Other competitions like FTC and FLL and jr.FLL are for different age levels and budgets - FRC is the biggest and most advanced (and most expensive).

Just some other FRC resources to get you guys hooked.
This years World Finals matches (best of 3, the rest of the competition is also available):

This years game video (I know it's bad, it's become something of a tradition for the game video)

First US site

First Canada site

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have though I'd be surprised if I was the only one on this forum who knows about this. Have fun and spread the word. It's much better in person.

I was in that competition, well, the Arizona one. It was pretty freaking awesome, there is probably video of me driving somewhere. And, btw, was there a team in there called the Coconuts, cause they were real jerks.