Truth About The AMD FX 6300 CPU's

2 years ago it was a different story, but now Intel prices are pretty good and lots lots more m/board options.

I run a FX6300 and no problems, running at 3.7ghz with 2x 7790 gpu's in crossfire no bottleneck and good graphics. i think it depends on the matching of components and sometimes you find a sweet spot, like the 7790 card was designed to run fine with a FX6300 cpu, but any modern new gen card like maybe an R9 290x might bottleneck the cpu, especially if you crossfire, but i haven't got a 290x so can't say if it will or not.

Its a shame AMD dropped development on the FX series and the m/boards stopped making new ones. as its nice to have a choice, and it still is ok to do a new AMD build if on a tight budget, however just got to match up the hardwear good and it won't be futureproof.

currently making my own new build from scratch and going back to Intel / Nvidia route for a m-itx build. but will still keep the old FX6300 until the new build is finished and it still runs games and applications good.

its personel choice if you want to go AMD or Intel. but i would say if you go AMD then get AMD everything like the CPU / GPU / RAM etc. however Intel pricing now makes it worth saving for the slight extra cost for a more futureproof product.

saying all this until AMD bring out something new to compete with intel i think they should sell by reducing the prices a lot on all there pruducts to capture the can't afford intel market. for example if a 8350 cost $60 and 16gig of AMD gaming ram was $100 and a R9 290 GPU was $120 then you would suddenly get a lot of people building an all AMD rig and crossfire to give themselfs a happy medium performance rig and they would sell a lot.

to remain the prices thay have now and intel is not much more then its going to fail and intel will rule the components war.

that's my thought until AMD come up with something new / better then drop the prices to half they are now or more and they will sell more and still make money.

got to love Asus components

• 3 months later...

I have both used the FX 6300 and the FX 8320. Both CPU's are very good for how much you are paying. But if you want to have the best overall experience you will have to upgrade to a i5 4690k or higher. If you are looking to game at 1080p then the FX line will do wonders for you but if you are going to be doing heavier gaming at higher resolutions then you will need "newer hardware" the AM3+ Socket is unfortunately dead and if you want the best of the best an i5 or i7 is what you are looking at. For 1080p gaming the FX 6300 and the FX 8320 are both great CPU's. If you really want to stick with AMD though I would recommend the FX 8370, it being the best AMD cpu i have personally ever used.

thank you for your outlook on this topic, but please refrain from reviving any

thread older than 30-45 days max. you can create your own to start a discussion

or participate on a newer topic already posted. we like to keep discussions

fresh and current, rather than thread necro old and stale information.