So THE CREW Is It Worth It?

CaptainKoda

i will buy it tomorow regardless of what people are saying...people said AC Unity is shit and yet it's one of the best games i have ever played...so yeah.

what platform are u getting it on?

what platform are u getting it on?

PC of course..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

good cant wait to see you on the roads!

have you bought the game already or are you planning to do so? i feel this is a game that will get a lot of DLC and improvements over time and this is why i'm willing to give it a chance...also i need a racing game really bad...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I have the game and I can say if your a straight story only missions kind of person. You are going to get road blocked by your car's performance versus the person your trying to beat. Thus the perfectly available micro transactions, if you suck at the game then too bad because the game forces you to have "skills" doing the side skill missions to get better tune up on parts in order to do the main missions. I do agree that the game uses too much Rubber banding for cops and racers as you would expect from a racing game, play the Next Car Game if expect real life physics with both steering and colliding into other racers. I'm going through the game quite well, tho my friend is struggling on missions because he sucks at doing the skills missions.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

no i don't, but i have friends who work there.

That explains things then ...

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

have you bought the game already or are you planning to do so? i feel this is a game that will get a lot of DLC and improvements over time and this is why i'm willing to give it a chance...also i need a racing game really bad...

i pre ordered

I have the game and I can say if your a straight story only missions kind of person. You are going to get road blocked by your car's performance versus the person your trying to beat. Thus the perfectly available micro transactions, if you suck at the game then too bad because the game forces you to have "skills" doing the side skill missions to get better tune up on parts in order to do the main missions. I do agree that the game uses too much Rubber banding for cops and racers as you would expect from a racing game, play the Next Car Game if expect real life physics with both steering and colliding into other racers. I'm going through the game quite well, tho my friend is struggling on missions because he sucks at doing the skills missions.

i would have two questions for you (or anybody else that has the game on PC and whilling to give  fair and unbiased answers)

1- is it fun?

2- How does it run? do you think the machine in my signature can run this at pretty much maxed out settings 1080p 60FPS?

I haven't played it, mainly because it seems to have landed with a universal "Meh" from virtually every review outlet I put any stock in. Reviews commonly agree that the world is interesting to explore, the gameplay rather boring, and that there are occasional connectivity issues.

I haven't played it, mainly because it seems to have landed with a universal "Meh" from virtually every review outlet I put any stock in. Reviews commonly agree that the world is interesting to explore, the gameplay rather boring, and that there are occasional connectivity issues.

After years of experience I can say that it's better to ask friends or people on forums rather than read reviews and raw data. For example Corsair cases; you can hear from independent sources that their quality is kinda medium, but reviewers like Linus say lots of good things about it and often skip stuff like quality and support.

After years of experience I can say that it's better to ask friends or people on forums rather than read reviews and raw data. For example Corsair cases; you can hear from independent sources that their quality is kinda medium, but reviewers like Linus say lots of good things about it and often skip stuff like quality and support.

Every reviewer is going to have their own preferences, priorities, and opinions. That's not a strike against reviewers, that's the reason why you need to be familiar with how they review. If a given reviewer doesn't value build quality of cases as highly as you do, their opinion is useful to you in a different way. The reviewers I follow are people who I feel represent my views fairly accurately, and they genuinely appear to want to inform the consumer about bad products.

Friends are a reasonable option, but only if you're fully aware of what their preferences are and how they differ from your own. My friends are all die-hard console gamers with what I consider to be terrible taste in games. One of them pre-ordered Alien Isolation, after he got burned on Colonial Marines. I don't even take his advice about what time of day it is.

Forum posters? No.  :P

i would have two questions for you (or anybody else that has the game on PC and whilling to give  fair and unbiased answers)

1- is it fun?

2- How does it run? do you think the machine in my signature can run this at pretty much maxed out settings 1080p 60FPS?

I can probably easily answer 2 more than 1. Yes, your machine will be capable of running it at 1080p since I have a lower graphics card, 265, a bit of tearing for me on maxed but I doubt you will see it on your card. I dont measure the games fps, but it seems to run really fine on my system. The game is design to be a racing game so it has less cars but more people and animals so it seems filled.

As for 1, My friend and I find it fun, which you should remember it is an opinion.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

Depends what you're looking for in the game. If you're looking for top-notch graphics, amazing handling, and a great car simulator, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. But, if you're in it to have a fantastic time cruising around all over the U.S. with your friends, then this game is for you. Personally, I just don't think that what you get in the game warrants the $60 price tag. See if you can get it on sale.

According to hardocp the R9 290 and 970 at 1440p were hitting the 60fps limit.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/12/15/crew_performance_video_card_review/4

Your 780 has similar performance, so at 1080p should be great. Seems to be a well optimized game. Although it's Ubisoft it is a different engine.