I need opinions on this monitor

ImElkay

Toms hardware article pretty much praises it, bare in mind the only input method is dual link DVI if you have the money for it and don't mind the risk then go for it.

What are the risks?

It's legit. 

Are there any risks that are more prevalent with this company opposed to say... Asus?

It looks really glossy. I like matt screens. 

The risk could be RMAing this Product. I have never seen or heard anything about that company. 

Never mind, they got a office in CA. Should be legit then. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Are there any risks that are more prevalent with this company opposed to say... Asus?

It's a bit of a trade off, being a small company they're probably have more limitations in some aspects of business but I can imagine that they're very "enthusiastic" about their products so you'll be dealings with people who actually love what they do. Their RMA turn around "could" be higher because they'd probably rely mainly on couriers and smaller 1 to 1 packages instead of larger retailers who wait until large bulk shipments get send to distribution which is why usually you wait so long.

At the end of the day this is a one of those Korean A- monitors "Panel Warranty: One (1) year. No more than 3/3/5 bright/colored (stuck)/dead pixels shall appear during the warranty period." This is opposed to amazing warranty from Dell or decent warranty from Samsung, Asus etc.  I bought a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 which was the first monitor AFAIK to be widely adopted as the overclocking IPS 1440p monitors. What these guys have done is gone out and sourced IPS monitors which can OC as Q270 -a and Q270-c (mine) can't overclock. 

Please take that into consideration, their QA allows for imperfections which ASUS, DELL and all the other A+ panel carriers won't allow. The PB278Q monitor in my opinion is a good compromise. Being a PLS panel it should overclock well, the best overclocking panels have been PLS panels like the Qnix. So what you're buying in the tempest is a re-branded Korean IPS panel which has a ma inboard that can support higher refresh rates. You still need to overclock the panel to 120Hz. Your are not guaranteed 120hz though. 

If this has put you off, I could suggest buying a Qnix Perfect Pixel monitor which will have at maximum 1 stuck/dead/bright pixel, free return shipping etc and being a PLS panel is your best bet at overclocking. Alternatively the PB278Q is my monitor of choice for anyone who wants a 2560x1440 monitor just because I like the panel, it's a good mid way price point, not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive. It's just a good quality monitor. BenQ has a good 1440 monitor out at the moment, on paper it seems to be the  winner in terms of value for money it's the cheapest 1440p monitor I've seen and It's a 3 year warranty!

It's a bit of a trade off, being a small company they're probably have more limitations in some aspects of business but I can imagine that they're very "enthusiastic" about their products so you'll be dealings with people who actually love what they do. Their RMA turn around "could" be higher because they'd probably rely mainly on couriers and smaller 1 to 1 packages instead of larger retailers who wait until large bulk shipments get send to distribution which is why usually you wait so long.

At the end of the day this is a one of those Korean A- monitors "Panel Warranty: One (1) year. No more than 3/3/5 bright/colored (stuck)/dead pixels shall appear during the warranty period." This is opposed to amazing warranty from Dell or decent warranty from Samsung, Asus etc.  I bought a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 which was the first monitor AFAIK to be widely adopted as the overclocking IPS 1440p monitors. What these guys have done is gone out and sourced IPS monitors which can OC as Q270 -a and Q270-c (mine) can't overclock. 

Please take that into consideration, their QA allows for imperfections which ASUS, DELL and all the other A+ panel carriers won't allow. The PB278Q monitor in my opinion is a good compromise. Being a PLS panel it should overclock well, the best overclocking panels have been PLS panels like the Qnix. So what you're buying in the tempest is a re-branded Korean IPS panel which has a ma inboard that can support higher refresh rates. You still need to overclock the panel to 120Hz. Your are not guaranteed 120hz though. 

If this has put you off, I could suggest buying a Qnix Perfect Pixel monitor which will have at maximum 1 stuck/dead/bright pixel, free return shipping etc and being a PLS panel is your best bet at overclocking. Alternatively the PB278Q is my monitor of choice for anyone who wants a 2560x1440 monitor just because I like the panel, it's a good mid way price point, not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive. It's just a good quality monitor. BenQ has a good 1440 monitor out at the moment, on paper it seems to be the  winner in terms of value for money it's the cheapest 1440p monitor I've seen and It's a 3 year warranty!

Would you mind linking me to a perfect pixel Qnix monitor? I found them on amazon but there are several of them at different prices but under the same name?http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2560x1440/dp/B00CI3EQA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419187465&sr=8-1&keywords=qnix+27+2560x1440