whos waiting for haswell or steamroller

hasewell is just being made to strip us of our money

it will be made into 3 versions of speed

f that

I will stick with 2500k for all my builds

and 3570k for all my non overclocked builds

Why not then 3570? It is cheaper, not much, but if you will not OC then it is useless to have K. On other points I agree, I still have i7 950 and still have no problems with games, only graphic is sometimes a problem. Will probaly do a full upgrade with Skylake

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

even with steamroller and amd they didnt do much improvment of bulldozer and piledriver

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

waiting for haswell :) right now i have a fx-8320 and i can say for sure that i will not go over to amd for a while

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Its was to long of a wait for me i bougth a 3970x.

If steamroller is good and is on AM3 socket I will upgrade from my Bulldozer FX 8120.... If not maybe I go intel...

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

i was going for a fx 4300 from a x4 955 but i might wait for steamroller

I'm not really waiting, but I will probably upgrade to Haswell, just so I have a spare CPU/Motherboard that I can use somewhere.

I have a computer that I am putting together once NCIX ships is (I ordered on the 25th but thats a different story). I plan on selling that this summer, or next fall, hopefully I can make a small profit and upgrade to one of those. I guess I will wait for the specs to say which though. I do want a truly 8 core CPU though, it'd be pretty boss.

waiting for haswell :) right now i have a fx-8320 and i can say for sure that i will not go over to amd for a while
I'm hope you have it overclocked !... not overclocking an fx 8320 is a crime !

Also, you will not get anything as good from Intel @ the same price (160$-170$)

If you want intel, you will have to be willing to pay extra .

I've been looking at a new PC simply for the faster boot times but I don't think it's worth it yet. I have an i7 920 at 3.5GHz, 12GB RAM, 120GB Vertex 3 and a 7950 that was discontinued on its release day for some reason!

I use these articles from tomshardware to help me with upgrades and following their guidance, 3 tiers is when you might notice a difference that's worth upgrading to.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,review-32582-5.html

I am actually extremely excited for both of these upcoming processors. I'm thinking of upgrading if they are worth the money and performs really well.

I am actually extremely excited for both of these upcoming processors. I'm thinking of upgrading if they are worth the money and performs really well.
yea hopefully they will be worth it

Honestly I'm going to wait until my existing computer goes or until I absolutely need more performance. I'm currently running a Core2 Quad Q8200, and even now (4.5 years after the chip came out)I don't need more performance. I run some newer games, but not the latest (I run Civ 4 and 5, Spore, Minecraft, Mechwarrior online, Combat Arms, and Warcraft III), and engineering software like Solidworks and Matlab, and I hardly ever see unacceptable performance.

I really don't think I'll need much more performance yet, although I am getting into video transcoding to convert ripped dvd and bluray files to more acceptable encoding and file sizes. When I start developing a more serious media collection I'll definitely want to upgrade, and I will probably go right for the high-end i5 or i7 (or whatever the higher end mainstream CPU brand is at the time)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Honestly I'm going to wait until my existing computer goes or until I absolutely need more performance. I'm currently running a Core2 Quad Q8200' date=' and even now (4.5 years after the chip came out)I don't need more performance. I run some newer games, but not the latest (I run Civ 4 and 5, Spore, Minecraft, Mechwarrior online, Combat Arms, and Warcraft III), and engineering software like Solidworks and Matlab, and I hardly ever see unacceptable performance. I really don't think I'll need much more performance yet, although I am getting into video transcoding to convert ripped dvd and bluray files to more acceptable encoding and file sizes. When I start developing a more serious media collection I'll definitely want to upgrade, and I will probably go right for the high-end i5 or i7 (or whatever the higher end mainstream CPU brand is at the time)[/quote']

up untill november of last year , I was running a Q6600 with a 285 GTX , and was playing games like battlefield 3 at 1080p on high settings. the core 2 cpu's are still good for general use.

up untill november of last year ' date=' I was running a Q6600 with a 285 GTX , and was playing games like battlefield 3 at 1080p on high settings. the core 2 cpu's are still good for general use. [/quote']

They really need to make games more demanding on the CPU. The fact that processors from three, going on four, generations ago can still run modern games well is disappointing.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Here is the 3770k specs

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i...0i7-3770K.html from cplu world

and here is the 4770k

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i...0i7-4770K.html from cpu world

this is one of many sites that have the same states on the 4770k

The only real big difference is the 4600 IGP on the 4770k

if thats true wow thats a big Tock. The first gen Hasewell will be a tick not a tock the second gen is were we will see the tock

I also have read on OCN because everyone is a little up set that it wont be that big of a performance boost. Just 10% boost.

The only real benefit with the Haswell will be a new socket change to socket 1150. Everything else will still stay the same. Pci-e 3.0, 1600 memory controller. Im not saying there will not be a boost but just not that big to make a jump if you have an ivy bridge cpu unless you want to have a new socket. I would make the jump if I had a sandy bridge cpu, then it would be a 20%-30% boost and that would be worth it. unless all of the rumors are lies then I'm just going to stick with my 3570k tell the second gen Haswell comes out, or socket 1150 comes out with some really cool motherboards that I can't live without :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

i wonder how steamroller will performce vs haswell

Haswell would have to blow me away to upgrade from my i7-930. Even after a few years i dont see the point of upgrading yet. Im sure i could see a decent boost in synthetic benchmarking if i went to Haswell but i would bet i would notice any difference in day to day use. I think im waiting for ivy bridge e. Assuming they fix the problems with ivy with ivy e i think its the better choice.

To all my fellow Bloomfield out there. What a hell of a good buy. Still going strong

i would agree! next gen cpus have to blow my mind on performance wise over my i7-930 not just an 40-80% encrease maybe i will wait for quantom computing for that but while im waiting iam still happy with my cpu :))

Haswell would have to blow me away to upgrade from my i7-930. Even after a few years i dont see the point of upgrading yet. Im sure i could see a decent boost in synthetic benchmarking if i went to Haswell but i would bet i would notice any difference in day to day use. I think im waiting for ivy bridge e. Assuming they fix the problems with ivy with ivy e i think its the better choice. To all my fellow Bloomfield out there. What a hell of a good buy. Still going strong

I too am running a i7 930. Its @ 4.2 ghz and can still handle windows and Games perfectly. I think I will only upgrade when I see my processor stressing in a game or if I want more cores since the quad core is too slow for me when I render in C4D.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

might upgrade to hasewell but it will have to blow me away