What happened to my phone screen? Samsung S3

pspfreak

Well its good that its working now :), just concerning that it randomly stopped working and started working again lol. I would do a back up of your data now while it works, just to be on the safe side. I found a website with S3 parts, so if you need it just PM me(or just reply here), but hopefully you won't need to go to that website :). That battery life seems really good compared to the stock battery, I'm tempted to get one despite its physical size.

Well, since this replacement screens menu and back buttons didn't work, I tried contacting the seller, they aren't responding, so I am now waiting for the period that ebay makes you wait to file a claim. So far they haven't responded back( the seller). I'm hoping ebay will give me my money back.

Also, what kind of prices does this website have? Would I be better off buying a used s3 screen off ebay, or what?

Edit: and right now I am doing a fast discharge so I can kill the battery before I go to bed.

Well, since this replacement screens menu and back buttons didn't work, I tried contacting the seller, they aren't responding, so I am now waiting for the period that ebay makes you wait to file a claim. So far they haven't responded back( the seller). I'm hoping ebay will give me my money back.

Also, what kind of prices does this website have? Would I be better off buying a used s3 screen off ebay, or what?

Edit: and right now I am doing a fast discharge so I can kill the battery before I go to bed.

Oh, I didn't know the buttons weren't working. Well, good luck with the eBay thing, it will be tedious but the best thing to do is be patient. The prices seem to be fair on the website, but I am uncertain of the quality. If the quality is good, then it will be worth the cost, but if its not then even sketchy eBay screens will be better. Here is the place so you can check it out: http://www.sw-box.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Replacement-Parts.html?p=1

Finding a S3 that hasn't been completely botched is kind of hard right now, since most of them seem to be broken, although I have mostly been paying attention to the "buy it now's", so maybe there are good ones that you have to fight for(lol). 

Oh, I didn't know the buttons weren't working. Well, good luck with the eBay thing, it will be tedious but the best thing to do is be patient. The prices seem to be fair on the website, but I am uncertain of the quality. If the quality is good, then it will be worth the cost, but if its not then even sketchy eBay screens will be better. Here is the place so you can check it out: http://www.sw-box.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Replacement-Parts.html?p=1

Finding a S3 that hasn't been completely botched is kind of hard right now, since most of them seem to be broken, although I have mostly been paying attention to the "buy it now's", so maybe there are good ones that you have to fight for(lol). 

Thanks, just found this. http://www.sw-box.com/lcd-display-screen-with-glass-digitizer-touchscreen-panel-back-frame-home-button-housing-replacement-part-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-i747-t999-white.html

I'm gonna look for any possible reviews for them as a company. If not, maybe I should save more money and buy a screen from ifixit? Also, you think I will get my money back from this? I mean I payed for a fully working product and I didn't get that, and the seller did nothing.

Thanks, just found this. http://www.sw-box.com/lcd-display-screen-with-glass-digitizer-touchscreen-panel-back-frame-home-button-housing-replacement-part-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-i747-t999-white.html

I'm gonna look for any possible reviews for them as a company. If not, maybe I should save more money and buy a screen from ifixit? Also, you think I will get my money back from this? I mean I payed for a fully working product and I didn't get that, and the seller did nothing.

How long ago did you buy it? and how much did the seller charge?

How long ago did you buy it? and how much did the seller charge?

about 30 days ago. and about $103. I reported it to them the day I got the screen. 

about 30 days ago. and about $103. I reported it to them the day I got the screen. 

Hmm, since its been 30 days I would contact them again. I'm not sure if they will refund the full price either.

okay root may be cause problem

if your data doesn't important try back to stock

if on stock still same

the screen die

Rooting doesn't cause this issue.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Jesus that's the worst quality photo I've seen in a couple of days... you're on a tech forum -you know how to work with tech, don't use potatoes to make pictures of something you want us to help and fix.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

This reminds me when Samsung switched to a digital connection interface for S4 screens. Something to note is with the S3 alot of your Ebay vendors sell non-oem screens. Very few use Actual OEM or Rebuilt OEM screens. At an old job i had we only use 4 vendors for Samsung screens. GadgetFix/GadgetFixWholesale and Repair Bowl on eBay. https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com/ and a local wholesaler. So if you're able to get a refund or need to get a new screen, I'd get it from those guys.

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

Hmm, since its been 30 days I would contact them again. I'm not sure if they will refund the full price either.

I've tried doing that. They are not responding. I sent them a message on the 16th (long before any company should be on vacation)

Jesus that's the worst quality photo I've seen in a couple of days... you're on a tech forum -you know how to work with tech, don't use potatoes to make pictures of something you want us to help and fix.

Well my camera is my phone, so I had to improvise with my craptops webcam.

This reminds me when Samsung switched to a digital connection interface for S4 screens. Something to note is with the S3 alot of your Ebay vendors sell non-oem screens. Very few use Actual OEM or Rebuilt OEM screens. At an old job i had we only use 4 vendors for Samsung screens. GadgetFix/GadgetFixWholesale and Repair Bowl on eBay. https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com/ and a local wholesaler. So if you're able to get a refund or need to get a new screen, I'd get it from those guys.

If I get my money back, I will give them a shot.