Keyboard lights dont turn off

perplex

so finally got my new pc and the keyboard 'k95 RGB' lights dont turn off when i shut down, where is the option to tell the usb to disable the power when the pc is off?

i got a Asus z97 motherboard

The switch on the PSU, usually at the rear of your case.

so i have to turn it off at the PSU every night?

no that cant be right

As long as the PC is turned off, yes.

Turning off the PSU will stop the supply of power to everything in the case, and to IO peripherals like mouse/keyboard if they draw power from the computer.

hmm i dont think you understand me correct

i turn off my pc and the lights on the keyboard stay lit up, they should turn off, i think it may be a USB 3 issue, just not sure how to fix

The keyboard is able to stay lit because it is still getting power from the USB port. If you cut power to the USB port (by cutting power to the motherboard) there will be no possibility of the keyboard remaining lit.

You can do that by turning off the PSU.

ok yes, but there has to be another way, thats so stupid if the only way to turn the lights off is to cut the power by flipping the switch at the psu

there should be a setting to tell it to turn off

I have the same problem on my Tesoro keyboard... I usually turn it manually off(Fn + 2 key x 3 times each time I shut down my PC ).. it`s annoying but hey, what are you gonna do..

More info about DIS All-In PC DESK here: www.DISpc.net

Why do you guys don't use a power strip I just switch it off whenever I turn my pc pff and it is as easy as Turing it off with my foot. It also shuts down the annoying subwoofer whine that my speakers have.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Happens to me all the time. I usually unplug my keyboard, and then plug it back in. The lights stay off after that.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

Check the latest bios. I didn't have an issue with anything then my 510 led screen would stay on after shut down. Now my h100i flips through a few colors and the one molex fan I have stays on after shutdown. Its been almost 2 years on this build and that has never been an issue.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Deep S5 Mode
ErP Compliance

turn either off in your BIOS (depends on the mobo you're using)

it's a BIOS issue

Deep S5 Mode

ErP Compliance

turn either off in your BIOS (depends on the mobo you're using)

it's a BIOS issue

ErP Ready is disabled already

cant find anything else

its a asus z97 mobo

Use the usb ports in the back, if you didn´t already use them.

thats where my keyboard is plugged in already

thats where my keyboard is plugged in already

hmm these new mainboards and these new load your phone while your pc is shutdown functions <.<

Can you search in your bios for the keywords "usb" "power" "power saving" and experiment a little with the settings

ive been looking, cant find anything like that atm... where is JJ when you need him :P

there has to be some kind of fix...

don't use the keyboard? that is always an option

I don't understand what's so hard about flipping the PSU or power strip switch. You even save power by doing that.

Fancy lighted keyboards... first world problems pfft.

some peoples computers are hard to get to the power switch.

no offence but can you stop replying with your unhelpful comments

don't use the keyboard? that is always an option

dont use a k95 RGB ok....

If you have some kind of app charger program (allows to charge phone whilst pc is off) that may be interfering so you could always uninstall that.

Another option is to disable "USB Selective suspend" which is found in Control panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Settings  and it is under the USB Settings.

Also if you have some kind of wake on mouse/keyboard press enabled in BIOS then you will need to switch that off too.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.