CPU downclocking itself

johancamo

Actually i will have to get a new MOBO and processor :S, for investing a little bit more. Seems weird that a MOBO designed for this processor can't take the load :/

Not the mobo, the cpu is throttling, reducing its speed to save itself.

Get a better cooler or clean the stock one out

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Then make sure it isn't thermal throttling due to overheating. The stock cooler isn't really enough to cool the 6-core Phenoms under load. Those things get hot

actually only when the computer starts get as high as 115C and then goes down to 40, but i played like an hour and stayed at 60C maximum :huh:.no problems at all when i was trying to get the failure xD

I have 2 120mm fans as intakes and 1 120mm for exhaust

For more info on power deliver to high TDP CPUs, check this out:

http://www.overclock.net/t/943109/about-vrms-mosfets-motherboard-safety-with-125w-tdp-processors

Says that my MOBO suck a lot !, and the highest load is 95w, but running 1055T 4 years without issues and pulling as high as 133W, and right when i was trying to get the failure again it stayed completely stable :angry:

Says that my MOBO suck a lot !, and the highest load is 95w, but running 1055T 4 years without issues and pulling as high as 133W, and right when i was trying to get the failure again it stayed completely stable :angry:

#illuminati

Can't you just buy a good AM3+ motherboard? Then you don't need to go downclocking, or parking cores. AMD processors are slow enough at single threaded applications. Slowing it down even more could make things... painful...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

man, your mainboard has a 4pin cpu power design.

thats old school :,D And with a 125watt tdp processor... Idk

Some components in your pc get older and loose capacity... this could explain why it happened after 4 years

man, your mainboard has a 4pin cpu power design.

thats old school :,D And with a 125watt tdp processor... Idk

Some components in your pc get older and loose capacity... this could explain why it happened after 4 years

Actually is becouse its the first time im playing a CPU demanding game (no issues at all with bf4), last month got the r9 270 to keep the system for 2 or 3 years, depending on my job :P

my gameboy advance has a bigger cooler (actually not, but still funny)

Lower the vcore in your bios and open your computer sidepanel 24/7

Don't open the side panel. That kills the designed airflow of the case and allows more dust to get in the system. Bad idea.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Don't open the side panel. That kills the designed airflow of the case and allows more dust to get in the system. Bad idea.

Tell that to my windforce, it likes it.

windforce like wind >:-o

Edit: cpu likes it too,

Cpu like wind, wind like cpu. cpu+wind=cind

Well what mobo do you have?

Anyway if i disable 2 cores, my TDP will be lowered? most games don't even use 4 cores so don't care disabling them

Technically yes, it will pull what a similarly clocked Phenom X4 would pull

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Well what mobo do you have?

Technically yes, it will pull what a similarly clocked Phenom X4 would pull

MSI 7641 880GMS -e35

I did already disable 2 cores, don't know how to measure if the system is pulling less energy but now is 10 degrees cooler

Not the mobo, the cpu is throttling, reducing its speed to save itself.

Get a better cooler or clean the stock one out

Thank you.

Wardojack.