Looking to upgrade microphone and headset/soundcard NEED AUDIOPHILE!

Hello everyone. I am a gaming youtube creator and a livestreamer! Im looking to improve my sound audio in general. Right now im using a pair of samson sr850 with 7.1 onboard audio with the asrock z77 extreme 6 board. Im also using a blue snowball! Firstly i need to upgrade my microphone as my blue snowball is only good for commentarys and picks up my pc and keyboard and mouse alot when recording live. I have looked at various micsand suggestions of microphones or what to look for would be much appreciated. Secondly i would like to upgrade my headset but i realise that this would require a new sound card. I have some expierience with .headphones but im new when it comes to sound cards. I was looking at the senheiser HD 558s as they use the same drivers as the pc 360s and the features you get for the extra money dont impress me but if you can suggest a better pair that would be great. anyways budget for microphone is around £100 and the sound card and headset would be around £170. Please convert to your own currency. Lastly i would like to mention that if anyone has any good cheap setups that could save me some money that would be appreciated!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your time, just didn't want to make a mistake and regret it as money is tight these days!

Cheers

Leader of the Fox Army on twitch and youtube

For a proper audiophile setup you would need a bit more money for the headphones and sound card (I would suggest an external dac and over a sound card though). 

If you decide to go the external route then check out the JDS Labs O2+ODAC Combo and if you're good at soldering you can make your own for a lot less.

Other wise I would suggest maybe a Xonar Essence STX and the 558's you were looking at. I'm not good with mics though...

Firstly i need to upgrade my microphone as my blue snowball is only good for commentarys and picks up my pc and keyboard and mouse alot when recording live.

Have you tried Cardiod mode?  It's the big switch on the back.  That might keep the noise down some.  Then you can try turning down the level on your microphone.

Secondly i would like to upgrade my headset but i realise that this would require a new sound card. I have some expierience with .headphones but im new when it comes to sound cards. I was looking at the senheiser HD 558s as they use the same drivers as the pc 360s and the features you get for the extra money dont impress me but if you can suggest a better pair that would be great. anyways budget for microphone is around £100 and the sound card and headset would be around £170. Please convert to your own currency.

Read the FAQ.  If you don't want to get a new soundcard, you can still get better headphones if you stick to headphones with low impedances.  This list is a start:

post-7799-0-97937300-1370497663_thumb.jp

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Have you tried Cardiod mode?  It's the big switch on the back.  That might keep the noise down some.  Then you can try turning down the level on your microphone.

I have the blue snowball iCE It is the same as the regular snowball but only has one mode Cardiod. Thanks for your input tho

I have the blue snowball iCE It is the same as the regular snowball but only has one mode Cardiod. Thanks for your input tho

ahah, well the bigger snowball might be a bit better then.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

ahah, well the bigger snowball might be a bit better then.

Its the same microphone just without the other two modes.

Blue snowball iCE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphone-Snowball-iCE-Adjustable/dp/B006DIA77E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1371506350&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Blue+snowball+ice

Blue Snowball

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Omnidirectional-Microphone/dp/B002OO333Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371506409&sr=8-2&keywords=Blue+snowball+microphone

The microphones have a high sensitivity which i think is my problem!

Thanks again

I have a Blue Snowball iCE, if you get a regular $20-30 mic stand and turn down the sensitivy with the mic 4-8″ from your mouth, it improves the sound quality and reduces the backround noise

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/400079-REG/On_Stage_MS7701B_MS7701B_Euro_Boom_Mic_Stand.html

Something like that then set it up next to your desk.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Also if you are doing youtube content and livestreams you should get the Sony MDR 7506 or Sony V6 to hear every detail when gaming and editing.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG