Qtip's My First Build

Qtip1318

So this is my first build that i have done from start to finish and i am loving it...

Parts

CPU FX-8150

Motherboard Asus Crossfire V formula-Z

GPU EVGA 560 ti superclock

RAM Gskill sniper seires 1600 mhz

Power supply Corsair AX 850

Case Coolermaster Cosmos II

I have lots of plans for it comming just have to wate on the money i also have a ekwb cpu water block the rest will all be comming pics are still to come

I have the 560ti all ready I only payed like 150 for it all tho if I would have known more when I built it I would have gone with the 660ti

it looks like a nice build, but why go AMD route?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

There is nothing wrong going AMD, I would however suggest swapping a 8150 with an 8350. Since the 8350 will probably be the last on the am3 socket, might aswell get the best of the best because it will become outdated after the 8150 becomes outdated.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

i went with AMD becasue i was trying to keep my cost down built if for under 1000 other then the case

here are some pics of my rig so far have much more to do but it starts slow

DSC00492_zpsd3d1a9f7.jpg

DSC00493_zps7abd0fad.jpg

DSC00494_zps3194d341.jpg

i went with AMD becasue i was trying to keep my cost down built if for under 1000 other then the case

So to do this you go with an Asus ROG board? What. I would throw out the GPU and downgrade the mobo to get a better GPU.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

and you got a $330 case

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

I would not have got that case that a huge part of the budget also unless your going to sli you only would need a 750 watt power supply

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Wow I really like the look of that case. Looking good so far!

Man, you just gotta love that cosmos ii. such a nice case! will be watching this build!

i bought the case first becasue i am the kind of person who looks at somting like this and gose i dont have the money to do that so i saving my money and when i went in to a computer store and saw the case i had to buy it. and at about that time my dad was playing battlefield 3 and i wanted to play with him so i tryed to build a computer that would play battlefield 3 and keep it at a low cost... and that is y i pic my gpu becasue i knew it would play bf3 fine and after the sale it was like 150. the powersupply is a bit over kill but at the time i built this i was under that hole thing that computers needed a large powersupply becasue i spent all my time on the rest of my parts i now know that if i would have gottent a 500watt i would probley be ok for what i am running but i future proofed it abit now... and i would have gotten the FX-8350 but it came out the day after i bought my mine

• 4 weeks later...

new pics on my rig just some off the sleeving that i have been doing need my computer so in some pics you can see there are wires not sleeved

DSC00514_zpse535a7d7.jpg

DSC00535_zps37e6845c.jpg

DSC00533_zpsd5689429.jpg

DSC00531_zpsecbe4eb1.jpg

DSC00532_zps221b8053.jpg

DSC00534_zpsfaee12e4.jpg

DSC00530_zpsabe490f6.jpg

DSC00529_zpsa993357c.jpg

DSC00527_zpsecc11567.jpg

DSC00526_zps15c15a57.jpg

DSC00525_zps6500476e.jpg

DSC00523_zps1a2a038e.jpg

DSC00522_zpscc02ff69.jpg

• 2 months later...

case is way overkill compared to other parts. Id rather go performance over aesthetics 

i am working on the rest of if i have been wating for the 780 and now that it is out i can start working on more

Awesome build! sleeving is also amazing! well done. The cable management could be better though considering you have a cosmo.

I guess i should put pics up of what it looks like now that i have got the cables done instade of like 2 months ago

ok so some people have bin griping over my build granted it is not done and wont be for about a year or so but this is how it stands now have done more cable management and have now sleeved every wire that i could used paracord so could not sleeve the sata cables but i will replace them when i find the right ones i do have some ek cooling stuff that i need to put in but i am still wating on the funding for the last bit of parts

DSC00544_zps2db71550.jpg

DSC00539_zps17213a34.jpg

It looks pretty darn nice ;) Are you going to buy a 780 or a 770 ?

780 or a guy in my clan is going to sell me a 690 for 300

That's a good deal for a 690, get that if you can for that price.