Is AC Unity any better now?

KieranFretwell

I always buy my games but admittedly i sometimes "try before i buy" first.. When i tried AC:Unity before i bought it the game ran pretty bad and i was disappointed because i am a big fan of the AC franchise and have completed them all up to date (not including Unity of course). I am bored of the games i currently own and want to buy it but i dont want to waste my money.. All i want to know is has the games performance been significantly improved since the release to the point where i would feel i got my moneys worth - e.g being able to run the game smoothly.  

I am also a massive fan of the AC franchise and have played every game since the start... unfortunately Unity has broken my love for the games, Ubisoft have well full EA on this game and pushes online play SO HARD!.

You cant do most things in the game unless you are playing with somebody else like opening some chests you need to be playing as somebody else (in duo etc) some missions you cant do because you're not in duo

ohh and like every other game where you learned new skills when you progress in the story. NOPE not in unity you need to spent points you gain from doing missions to unlock new skills (such as group heal)

Seriously disappointed with Unity and I uninstalled it... ruined the series for me completely.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I am also a massive fan of the AC franchise and have played every game since the start... unfortunately Unity has broken my love for the games, Ubisoft have well full EA on this game and pushes online play SO HARD!.

You cant do most things in the game unless you are playing with somebody else like opening some chests you need to be playing as somebody else (in duo etc) some missions you cant do because you're not in duo

ohh and like every other game where you learned new skills when you progress in the story. NOPE not in unity you need to spent points you gain from doing missions to unlock new skills (such as group heal)

Seriously disappointed with Unity and I uninstalled it... ruined the series for me completely.

Well a reason for them trying to push online play so hard could be so if you do pirate the game you would not get a good experience as you would not be able to play online and do all of the things you just listed.. But what i am more interested in is how it runs because it notoriously runs like sh*t, not sure if that is improved. 

Well a reason for them trying to push online play so hard could be so if you do pirate the game you would not get a good experience as you would not be able to play online and do all of the things you just listed.. But what i am more interested in is how it runs because it notoriously runs like sh*t, not sure if that is improved. 

Its a little better with v1.3 yes, but they are saying the next patch will fix all remaining issues from that standpoint you should be fine to buy it. I understand about the piracy thing but I just think its ashame that a game that has been single player for so long forces you online. It would have been a better idea in my mind to have a solo campaign and an online like most games.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Its a little better with v1.3 yes, but they are saying the next patch will fix all remaining issues from that standpoint you should be fine to buy it. I understand about the piracy thing but I just think its ashame that a game that has been single player for so long forces you online. It would have been a better idea in my mind to have a solo campaign and an online like most games.

Well i am thinking about giving it a shot and i would prefer the multiplayer and singleplayer separate too. I think it would be good if it was not forced on you and if you were playing with friends not random people. 

Put the game in offline mode, literally doubles your performance.

I will keep that in mind, thanks. 

I always buy my games but admittedly i sometimes "try before i buy" first.. When i tried AC:Unity before i bought it the game ran pretty bad and i was disappointed because i am a big fan of the AC franchise and have completed them all up to date (not including Unity of course). I am bored of the games i currently own and want to buy it but i dont want to waste my money.. All i want to know is has the games performance been significantly improved since the release to the point where i would feel i got my moneys worth - e.g being able to run the game smoothly.  

It depends on what you class as better. The game will never be optimized. Playable...yes. (gpu depends) frankly i would spend money on something else. If you really want to play a Ubisoft game i would wait for the division.

I feel the devision is the only hope we have based on it being a new engine.

I can get 60-70 fps on unity with my 980 overclocked to 1520mhz which isn't very good tbh.

I would rather og used the money i spent on unity and pre ordered ground zeroes....Mordor destroys Unity btw.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

its better, perfectly playable on my system (see sig), but the game itself kinda sucks in my opinion.  I think how crappy the game ran took away a lot from actual honest reviews of the game itself.  I'm a huge AC fan, and I think this is the worst one so far (other than the super repetitive nature of AC1, but that was a better story imho).  The gameplay complaints listed in post 2 are just the tip of the iceburg for me, I didn't like lots of the mechanics either.  Coming from someone who preordered with all the DLC crap, wait till its on sale for like 10-15 bucks...

Put the game in offline mode, literally doubles your performance.

I will keep that in mind, thanks. 

this was fixed the last time I played

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I think so, I didn't play it before the updates, but I really, really love it. I used to be the biggest Assassin's Creed fan until Revelations, and Unity is my first since then, and I think it's the best since 2.

I bought it.. Wish me luck lol. £16 from G2A is not that bad of a price as long as it runs.