is this msi 970 with blower cooler okay?

MadOliveGaming
Go to solution Solved by ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is a blower design similar to the reference.

You will notice high temps and overclocking will be limited but its great

for small cases as the blower pushes the hot air outside the front of the card

unlike most open-designed coolers which push hot air all around the inside of your case.

I would personally get an open-designed cooler.

Hi all,

So i went looking for a gtx 970 with nvidia reference cooler, but there is not a single shop selling it in the Netherlands. So i found one by msi, also a blower cooler but their own design. I can only find the one user review on amazon, which is positive btw.

Anyone can tell me if its any good cuz i can get it for a really good price right niw.

Amazon link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OC2CFYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1418653815&sr=8-3π=AC_SX200_QL40

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

Yeah but i heard the pny blower one ae is very loud and doesnt cool as good as others.

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

That is a blower design similar to the reference.

You will notice high temps and overclocking will be limited but its great

for small cases as the blower pushes the hot air outside the front of the card

unlike most open-designed coolers which push hot air all around the inside of your case.

I would personally get an open-designed cooler.

blackshades on

I would not get an open design. Supposed to go into a hadron air lol. I like to yolo sometimes but thats too big a risk. I know of one person who did that and the gpu's heat resulted in a cpu overheating lol.

As long as it preforms like at least a reference one without being a complete yetengine its good :P

Yea me too but no shops selling them here and i dont hsve a pc cuz my laptop died so i dont wanna wait until a shop does have it

I think GTX 970 NVIDIA reference design doesn't exist. The NVIDIA reference design only exists for the 980. If you need a reference/blower cooler then go for this one or something else like it because all these blower coolers will have similar performance anyways.

Thanx all this together with the positive amazon user revieuw, i settled on doing it. Specially as this is the 2nd cheapest model available here atm :)

I think GTX 970 NVIDIA reference design doesn't exist. The NVIDIA reference design only exists for the 980. If you need a reference/blower cooler then go for this one or something else like it because all these blower coolers will have similar performance anyways.

Nah, Best Buy sells the reference 970 in the US.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-silver-black/9855169.p?id=1219441201895&skuId=9855169

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, quick update. Ive bought the card put it in the hadron air and played some games on it. Never did it went over 50-52 celcius so im happy. The rest of the components run cool too

Well from the side its actually just plain black or very dark grey with a white msi logo. Only the fan side has the ugly sticker and in the hadron you cant see that side anyway

Hi all,

So i went looking for a gtx 970 with nvidia reference cooler, but there is not a single shop selling it in the Netherlands. So i found one by msi, also a blower cooler but their own design. I can only find the one user review on amazon, which is positive btw.

Anyone can tell me if its any good cuz i can get it for a really good price right niw.

Amazon link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OC2CFYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1418653815&sr=8-3π=AC_SX200_QL40

I have the 4G gaming edition and I get max 65°c under load that's on air btw