Another day, another issue

thorpj
Go to solution Solved by thorpj,

Hmm...okay. Well your problem does seem kinda weird. I'm scratching my head trying to think what could be causing your problem. :unsure:.

I've fixed it!

So i was looking at DCP timing, preparing a backup for a reinstall of Windows, and downloading drivers when.

I looked into speaker settings

uKrNsHB.png

Disabled sound effects, and it all works fine.

So the audio issue is fixed. Not sure if the first issue with beeps/weird mouse is going to happen again though

Hi everybody,

so I was running Arkham Origins, along with a host of apps (email, itunes, hardware monitor, volume mixer, AI suite, steam, and the usual background processes)

I closed down origin, and started up a browser based game, and then things went bad.

the mouse started lagging, hugely. There was a constant beeping coming from my speakers, and Windows 8.1 showed "Please wait" . I did a hard reset.

This has happened twice today (happened earlier after exiting titanfall)

* My initial thought is that i capped RAM usage, but this shouldn't happen even then, it'll just use the SSD.

* I have a Windows PS/2 Keyboard, which has like 2 key rollover. So if i hold for e.g W + A + X (common in a FPS) a beep will emit from the speakers, telling me that i've met the key rollover limit (i assume). This doesn't happen with other key combos. The Point is: This beep is the same as the one i get when the issue with the constant beeping/mouse wait happens.

And now, i'm fairly sure that audio is a little tinnier than it usually is. It just doesn't sound the same. I should know, i've listened to this song a million times, and can notice a difference. EDIT: Watching a youtube video (

) every time Jack's voice spikes, it sounds like a crappy mic peaking (we've all heard that terrible sound). I know that the video didn't sound like that when i watched it this morning.

* another thought is temps: Since I've upgraded from an fx-6300 to a 4690k, temps have been higher. Particularly on the gpu. So now i have to lower settings, or use vsync (to lower frames rendered/s) to keep temps of my R9 280x below at/below 70C. Sometimes i fail to change the settings for 10 minutes at a time. So on a number of occasions i've let the GPU run at 74, to even around 78-80 once today.

I really have no idea what's going on here, any help is welcome!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Just had your duplicated post deleted. I'm guessing you're having problems with your computer, phone, etc?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Just had your duplicated post deleted. I'm guessing you're having problems with your computer or phone, etc?

Yes sorry about that. It took ages to post, so i clicked post again. And... yeh, thanks for removing it :)

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Yes sorry about that. It took ages to post, so i clicked post again. And... yeh, thanks for removing it :)

I reported it, rather, and had a Mod delete it. ;)

How rude.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

How rude.

Guys i know you're being good natured here, but i would prefer it that my help thread doesn't become an off topic discussion :)

So i've replugged everything connecting the speakers, and tested them on my mac. 

* Worked on mac

* playing a song ("My Revolution" Miracle of Sound) Through itunes (i downloaded the song through YouTube) it sounds terrible. Playing it through YouTube, it sounds normal

Hmm, it seems that every iTunes song sounds terrible. Have my itunes song been corrupted after the problems mentioned earlier?

Sometimes I envy console users, they don't have problems with parts... I feel your pain OP, my gpu is broken

How rude.

How is reporting a duplicate post rude mate? :huh:

Guys i know you're being good natured here, but i would prefer it that my help thread doesn't become an off topic discussion :)

Well, I'm quite sure it won't. :)

Sometimes I envy console users, they don't have problems with parts... I feel your pain OP, my gpu is broken

How is reporting a duplicate post rude mate? :huh:

Well, I'm quite sure it won't. :)

Guys, unless you can help my problem, you're not helping

Update: and it seems that it isn't just Itunes

Email notification of Mailbird sounds like static

Windows sounds, sound like shit

Guys, unless you can help my problem, you're not helping.

Easy mate, there's no argument going on here. ;)

Easy mate, there's no argument going on here. ;)

I know, i'm just trying to make sure that someone who can help me is going to do so.

I'm sure you can understand that i'm finding this problem rather disturbing..

I know, i'm just trying to make sure that someone who can help me is going to do so.

Alright mate, gotcha! :)

I'm sure you can understand that I'm finding this problem rather disturbing..

Disturbing? :huh:

Do you mean "annoying"?

Alright mate, gotcha! :)

Disturbing? :huh:

Do you mean "annoying"?

The problem is disturbing

the lack of help, is annoying :(

The problem is disturbing

the lack of help, is annoying :(

Hmm...okay. Well your problem does seem kinda weird. I'm scratching my head trying to think what could be causing your problem. :unsure:.

No worries, thanks for helping. 

For some reason, itunes and windows sounds sound normal. However, upon loading up starcraft 2(sitting in the menu) an iTunes song starts stuttering (intermittently). So it seems to be tied to CPU/RAM intensive situations.

This is so strange. Honestly, why do i always end up with the weirdest problems with my PC.

Also, weird beeps emit from speakers every now and then. So weird.

I've fixed it!

So i was looking at DCP timing, preparing a backup for a reinstall of Windows, and downloading drivers when.

uKrNsHB.png

So the audio issue is fixed. Not sure if the first issue with beeps/weird mouse is going to happen again though

I've fixed it!

uKrNsHB.png

Well I'm glad you fixed the audio part, as for the mouse, who knows. Sometimes things just behave weird for no apparent reason at all.