dual 680 vs single 780

agricola

in my country dual 680's cost the same as a single 780, also considering the future what should i go with?

Thanks in advance.

Consuming less power and having more upgradeability in the future, or raw power for now? With that in mind I would probably go with the 780, even though it won't preform on the same level as SLI 680s (on games that allow dual GPUs that is).

Consuming less power and having more upgradeability in the future, or raw power for now? With that in mind I would probably go with the 780, even though it won't preform on the same level as SLI 680s (on games that allow dual GPUs that is).

Yep^ 780.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would personally go with the 780. But what do you plan on doing? Are you going to be running games on several HD monitors or just one? I don't know much about graphics cards but I feel like having two cards would be better for multi-monitor setups. However if you're just using one or even two monitors the 780 should max out anything and be pretty future proof considering it just came out. Also, what country do you live in? Because here there is only $100 difference between the two cards.

I would personally go with the 780. But what do you plan on doing? Are you going to be running games on several HD monitors or just one? I don't know much about graphics cards but I feel like having two cards would be better for multi-monitor setups. However if you're just using one or even two monitors the 780 should max out anything and be pretty future proof considering it just came out. Also, what country do you live in? Because here there is only $100 difference between the two cards.

i will be gaming on one monitor, i live in the Netherlands 

2x gtx 680 €340=€680: gtx 780 €649, http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/compare/49/308676;335252/categorie/