Why Do You Like PC Gaming?

MPX309

Might sound obvious, infact even I think it's a silly question, but since I'm new to it I'm still unaware of all the benefits (probably)

Ok so here's what I've noticed so far. . 

I've been playing Grid 2. . . I've been a big fan of racing games in the past, and on PS3 I've owned NFS Shift (1&2), Dirt 3, GT5 and Grid. . . I've been playing Grid 2 on PC and immediately the improved graphics hit you like a ton of bricks, Ok It's not so obvious with the over bonnet reflections, and some of the track, but the over all level of detail and improved FPS make a massive difference, stuff in the distance can still be seen crystal clear, and well it just over all looks a whole new experience. 

Also I've been playing Tomb Raider and the same can be said for that, some of the lighting is suburb and every blade of grass and plant and rock is in brilliant detail. I've also purchased The Last of Us on PS3 and that is probably the flagship game for PS3 visuals, but it was hard to be impressed by it after playing TR and Bioshock Infinite. 

So what else is it that you love about PC gaming?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Performance upgrades don't come around every 10 years for PC, consoles are a different story...

"The internet is a series of tubes"

Amazingly, i dont really like the feel only the feel of mouse and keyboard, its better but not as comfy. I do like the steam sales, the wider variety of games, and blizzard, and that you can do everything on PC all on one place unlike console. and the community.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Graphical eye-candy coupled with Steam and Amazon sales.  :D

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Better graphics, the choice between Controller, Mouse and keyboard, the customization, the game price, the games, the fact that i don't have to buy a seperate device for just gaming, and what else you might think of.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

2K Monitors, Steam, mouse and a mechanical keyboard of course

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

PC hardware is fun, RTS, grayfix, steam sales ofc, less held down and alll that other jazz

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I mainly play fps games so mouse & keyboard are better than a controller. Other than that, it's cheaper to buy games, better graphical performance, higher fps, don't need capture card to record gameplay, Plus a PC is everything I need all in one. I can work, watch TV/films, play games and listen to music. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

The sales are great as well as the graphics but the best aspect for me is mods!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

I think at this stage, we could go low as to even say that Online Multiplayer is FREE.

As well, as better games/mods/more choice/ more f2p/more indie games/more experimental games/lower prices/ better input hardware(m+k)/customizability/change settings/emulate handheld consoles/emulate last gen consoles/ *soon* emulate ps4/xbone/ more power/better graphics...

Oh, and I can browse the internet while playing a game, at the same time, easily, on the same pc.

steam <33

better graphics

more customization

having gaming and music and internet in the same system

It is a lot of fun building and upgrading your pc for gaming

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Looks great, love the keyboard (Although having a controller for driving games is preferred), cheap games, able to mod! - On the Game side of things

Able to watch movies, search the internet like a boss, study, ????? - Everything great about a PC

-I can buy almost any game I want online (e.g. Steam). Even if that game was released 20 years ago. For instance on Steam I can buy the original fallout, quake or Wolfenstein 3d and they will run on my modern PC without any compatibility issues.

-No worrying about physical discs (or shelf space)

-Cheap games

-Game Mods, hacks and various customizations

-Entire process and satisfaction of building your own custom gaming PC which is part of your PC gaming identity. Rather than using a mass produced box.

-Learning about hardware, configuration, all the R&D etc...

-Graphics

-Strategy games

-Mouse & Keyboard

-The community

-low loading times with SSD

-Feels more personal and immersive than sitting on a couch with a TV (this maybe just me)

Mods, Steam Sales, Graphics, Strategy games, mouse + keyboard and tweaking settings like there's no tomorrow!

The wonder is, not that the field of stars is so vast, but that man has measured it. - Anatole France

Freedom.

You can mod, hack, share stuff (caps, etc) and buy games the way you want.

The top reasons, in order, imo:

1. Steam Sales 
  2. Better graphics 
  3. More games (indies particularly, including Free to Play)
  4. Better peripherals (Racing games + steering wheel/gear shift/pedals = AWESOME)
  5. Better options to upgrade
  6. A gaming PC can do almost everything else a PC can do very very well (utility)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Steam sales, mouse and keyboard, graphics and the flexibilty to choose how you want to play:keyboard, joystick etc. Oh and mods, never forget mods :P

Everything people mentioned already here :)

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black