Good Headset for Gaming/General Use (Preferably Surround)

jman3350

Alright guys, I know I'm not too active here (mainly because I completely forget I have a forum account, I will try to start contributing more) but basically I have a Logitech G930 currently. I like the sound of it, but the constant mic issues I have with it is annoying. (Mic will broadcast a popping sound, like one loud POP through the mic even if the mic is manually muted.)  I'd prefer surround in a headset as I play CS:GO a lot and surround really helps, but if somehow there's a headset that's stereo but can give me a truly great sound experience, I'm up for it.

Headsets I have tried: 

- Razer Electra (it's comfortable but in line mic and stuff wasn't for me)

- Logitech G930 (I've had 3 different headsets and they've all had some sort of issue. One wouldn't stop disconnecting, 2 have had mic issues.)

- Kingston HyperX Cloud (I like it, it's comfortable, but right now I have an issue where the mic is buzzing constantly when talking so I'm getting that RMA'd.)

- Logitech G430 (The stereo to surround adapter is amazing and works with other headsets, but I've only tried it with the Kingston which had a buzzing issue that seemed to be constant with any sort of adapter/passthrough, including the included cables with it)

- Astro A50 (worse range quality than the g930, sounded worse and mic was apparently lower quality so either I got a bad one or the headset is bad)

I'm willing to listen to any price point, but as much as I'd love a pair of Sennheiser 800D's, I don't think that's a smart option. I'm looking for reasonably priced headsets but if you have higher priced suggestions, be my guest. I was originally looking to go wireless but I've heard that most wireless headsets will have some sort of issue. The Corsair Vengeance 2100 looks good but I hear that if you use it while charging, the mic broadcasts a loud buzzing sound when the boom is down. 

I do not need a headset with a mic on it, although that would be convenient. I do have a Zalman ZM1 mic but I can't really use it with the g930 (no cable to attach to)Ideally I'd like a pair of Sennheisers or Audio Technica's or something similar (I only really know of those 2 brands) but I don't know if there is one that would fit my want of providing sound that I could use as a position marker like I currently do with my G930. 

If you think that the HyperX Cloud paired with the G430 adapter (assuming I can get it to work without buzzing) let me know, but I still need to call Kingston to get my replacement.

Thank you in advance!

You should get a non-gamer headset, preferably open. Tek Syndicate made this video recently, which should help you out:

-snip-

Extending your post,

$150 price range:

$200+ price range:

I also recommend reading the audio section FAQ on the forum available here. It provides lots of information from myths to small changes you can do to improve your audio quality for free.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

I tried the Logitech surround thing once, and compared to my Shure SRH440 (which have a slightly narrow soundstage) it was actually worse. for CS:GO, good headphones and using the "headphone" sound option is the best way to go. Do you need (sound) isolating headphones?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I tried the Logitech surround thing once, and compared to my Shure SRH440 (which have a slightly narrow soundstage) it was actually worse. for CS:GO, good headphones and using the "headphone" sound option is the best way to go. Do you need (sound) isolating headphones?

I mean noise cancelling would be nice but not necessary.

You should get a non-gamer headset, preferably open. Tek Syndicate made this video recently, which should help you out:

which pair would you recommend out of those? 

Extending your post,

$150 price range:

$200+ price range:

I also recommend reading the audio section FAQ on the forum available here. It provides lots of information from myths to small changes you can do to improve your audio quality for free.

Which pair would you recommend from the $150 range?

HD558 + modmic. very general answer, but it works great

This. But you could also use a Blue Snowball for a mic.

HD558 + modmic. very general answer, but it works great

This. But you could also use a Blue Snowball for a mic.

Alright I figured that would be an/the answer but I just wanted to check others opinions.

I've placed an order for the HD 558 from Amazon and a modmic. I watched a review on them that had quite a lot of views and the guy reviews a lot of headphones it seems (HiFi Heaven) so I know what I'm going for but I'll have to check out the sound and see if they truly work well for CSGO. I figured I can use the modmic with anything, but if I really for some reason do not want the Sennheiser headphones, I'll return them.

Really, thank you for all of your help! (Including the ones I didn't quote!)