Full Brand Setup ?

yaitsbilly

So I'm looking to get the same brand for my Keyboard, Mouse, and Headset and possibly Mouse Pad. 

I currently have a Logitech G35 Headset and Razer Tron Edition Keyboard, Mouse and Mouse Pad.

I'm leaning towards getting all Logitech, The G600 Mouse and G710+ Keyboard. My main reason is so I can use one software to setup all my macro/hot keys.

Anybody have any suggestions? Looking for a Keyboard that has Macros keys and a Mechanical and a Mouse geared towards MMO Games. Budget around 300-400$

I'm trying not to get Razer cause I'm disappointed by what I have now and I'm about ready to throw my mouse of the window. But the G35 Headset was well worth its money. I haven't tried any other products besides the Razer Blackwidow '13.

Edit. Welcome to the forums

Please do tell us what kind of toy mouse you have from Razer at the moment

I wouldn't suggest Logitech, their G700 and MX-518 sucked. Why would you go with the same brand anyway? Just choose whatever's best.

Go take a look at the Roccat Ryos Mk Pro and the Kone XTD.. also using the Roccat Sense/Taito mousemat..

or go with some razer stuff.. like:

Blackwidow 2013 , your current razer mosue and a mousemat like the Goliathus

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

The (original) MX-518 was one of the best mice i ever had, way better than everything i had from Razer and Steelseries. 

Why does the MX518 suck? How can you even say something like that  :o

My personal opinion is that getting all of one brand is not always the best idea, unless you’re more concerned with aesthetics. There are a ton of products out there. At the end of the day there are some key features you really might want to consider. Such as fit; does it fit your hands head head? We all have different needs some have small hands some big. Some have big heads or small ears. Also consider your play style. How do you hold or wear your peripherals? Not all products from one brand will fit you. So my suggestion is branch out and take a look at what fits your needs.

i too have had a bad experience with Logitech but they have revamped their gaming line. i think you should also look at corsair peripherals

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I have a Logitech g700s, Steelseries QCK mini mouse pad, Logitech g710(I didnt like the brown switches at first and then i took the o-rings out and I enjoy them now) and i am getting the g930's in a few days. I love my set up and the g700s is the best mouse i have used to date. 

Edit. Welcome to the forums

Please do tell us what kind of toy mouse you have from Razer at the moment

Tron Edition, http://www.razerzone.com/tron

Why would you go with the same brand anyway?

Mainly to have one program control all settings, and aesthetics. Just kinda how I am.

I still have my MX518 and it's the best mouse I've ever used. 

Go all Corsair! They have top notch peripherals with solid build quality. If you leaned to MMO branding, K95 mechanical backlit keyboard, with the M95 mouse, they both have tons of macros for MMOs. They also have a great aluminum mouse pad. Also the headset is up to you. They have a range from corded to wireless to usb dongle headsets. Just select your prefrence. All their products have great warrantys as well.

Go all Corsair! They have top notch peripherals with solid build quality. If you leaned to MMO branding, K95 mechanical backlit keyboard, with the M95 mouse, they both have tons of macros for MMOs. They also have a great aluminum mouse pad. Also the headset is up to you. They have a range from corded to wireless to usb dongle headsets. Just select your prefrence. All their products have great warrantys as well.

I mix and match tbh.

Mouse- razer imperator (original)

Mouse mat - some razer golaithus thing (bundle deal)

keyboard - logitech g19 (stupid)

headphones - sennheiser HD650 (<3)

speakers - Edifier R1600T (<3)

I have the G710+ and the G9x. It's an awesome combo. You can set the lighting on the mouse to match the orange highlight on the keyboard.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I wouldn't suggest Logitech, their G700 and MX-518 sucked. Why would you go with the same brand anyway? Just choose whatever's best.

The (original) MX-518 was one of the best mice i ever had, way better than everything i had from Razer and Steelseries. 

I also have the original MX518 and it's the best mouse ever. The MX518 has been praised for being one of the best mice in the gaming community for years. Then again, I guess it comes down to personal preference.. What didn't you like about the MX518 that made you think it "sucked"?

But yea I agree, don't go with same brand just for the sake of getting matching stuff.. get what's best

I also have the original MX518 and it's the best mouse ever. The MX518 has been praised for being one of the best mice in the gaming community for years. Then again, I guess it comes down to personal preference.. What didn't you like about the MX518 that made you think it "sucked"?

But yea I agree, don't go with same brand just for the sake of getting matching stuff.. get what's best

The MX-518 and G700 were really uncomfortable after prolonged use. Neither is as responsive as my Mamba 2012, and they both feel quite cheap. I honestly think that it's overrated mostly because it looks nice, but in reality it really isn't very great at all.

SteelSeries! :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The MX-518 and G700 were really uncomfortable after prolonged use. Neither is as responsive as my Mamba 2012, and they both feel quite cheap. I honestly think that it's overrated mostly because it looks nice, but in reality it really isn't very great at all.

Interesting, because I actually think/admit that Razer products look better.

I don't care much for the aesthetics of the mouse, because it's not like I ever look at it.. and plus my hand is covering it most of the time anyway. But I personally think the G700 looks hideous...

I prefer a more minimalistic design, instead of the crazy 18 button mice being sold nowadays.

It's more about the feel of the mouse, and I've never felt a mouse more comfortable in my hands than Logitech's MX518 - shaped mouses, even with hours of use.

Yea, I guess Logitech's mice aren't built using the most amazing material.. but I don't think they can be considered "cheap" either.

As for the last sentence about being "overrated", I always thought that was what Razer was known for? LOL

I've abused this mouse for over 6 years now and it's still working great! Same goes with my Logitech keyboard.

Whereas, the general consensus is that Razer builds really flashy/fancy peripherals, but I have heard many issues about them breaking within a few years? (ie. BlackWidow rusting for no reason, DeathAdder double-click issue, or just dying)

I don't know, it just seems like your last sentence is actually what most people would say about Razer, not Logitech. haha

But hey, it's all personal preference.

Interesting, because I actually think/admit that Razer products look better.

I agree, but others don't seem to.

Yea, I guess Logitech's mice aren't built using the most amazing material.. but I don't think they can be considered "cheap" either.

You'd be surprised once you see the G700 and its competitors.

As for the last sentence about being "overrated", I always thought that was what Razer was known for? LOL

In some ways they are, but they are underrated when it comes to keyboards.

Go take a look at the Roccat Ryos Mk Pro and the Kone XTD.. also using the Roccat Sense/Taito mousemat..

or go with some razer stuff.. like:

Blackwidow 2013 , your current razer mosue and a mousemat like the Goliathus

Nice, looking at it now. Looking good. Hows the Program Interface for setting up macros? Easy to use?

Why would you go with the same brand anyway? Just choose whatever's best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the first statement why stick to one brand and limit your choice? No single brand is best at everything.....

As for the 2nd statement, aren't you referring to Razer especially the underlined portion? I had a Copperhead, while it was an excellent mouse, the surface turned all gooey after less than two years of use......compare that to my G9 v1.0 which I'd gotten years back. It's still being used on my 2nd rig, proof's in the pudding, here's a pic of it with a DS II Special Ed with white key caps and green LED (I had adjusted the LED on the G9 to match the KB's)-

20130521_162217_zps551d405c.jpg

IF you want a KB with dedicated media keys, then perhaps Razer and Logitech are the brands to look at....but, if you want a KB that is well made, not saying Logitech and razer aren't, and a little more refined than other brands, I'd suggest you look at Ducky, Filco, Das, WASD and the likes. I have a Ducky Shine II 78 Version and I use a Thermaltake Level 10M mouse with adjustable LED lights to match it.....don't stick with just one brand, go with whatever you think is best...

20130416_202526_zps03e04760.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I agree with the first statement why stick to one brand and limit your choice? No single brand is best at everything.....

As for the 2nd statement, aren't you referring to Razer especially the underlined portion? I had a Copperhead, while it was an excellent mouse, the surface turned all gooey after less than two years of use......compare that to my G9 v1.0 which I'd gotten years back. It's still being used on my 2nd rig, proof's in the pudding, here's a pic of it with a DS II Special Ed with white key caps and green LED (I had adjusted the LED on the G9 to match the KB's)-

20130521_162217_zps551d405c.jpg

IF you want a KB with dedicated media keys, then perhaps Razer and Logitech are the brands to look at....but, if you want a KB that is well made, not saying Logitech and razer aren't, and a little more refined than other brands, I'd suggest you look at Ducky, Filco, Das, WASD and the likes. I have a Ducky Shine II 78 Version and I use a Thermaltake Level 10M mouse with adjustable LED lights to match it.....don't stick with just one brand, go with whatever you think is best...

20130416_202526_zps03e04760.jpg

I've purchased the Razer Mamba 2012, Blackwidow Ultimate, Blackwidow Tournament Edition and Scarab, and apart from some minor gripes I honestly haven't had any problems with them, in fact they're all outstanding products and still use them all on a daily basis. The only three Logitech products I've ever purchased are the G700, MX-518 and one of their wireless mice (can't remember what it was) and all three were quite bad in terms of build quality, performance and comfort, to the point where I couldn't use them regularly even if I wanted to.

In some ways they are, but they are underrated when it comes to keyboards.

Yea, it seems that Razer and even Logitech are looked down on by the keyboard enthusiasts/"elitists". Those guys seem to want less (tenkeyless, no dedicated media keys, no wrist rests, no backlights, no macro keys), which I understand because not everyone needs all those things, but they make such a big deal out of it as if any "gamer" features automatically make it a bad keyboard.

I mean I guess I can understand why people say Razer's BlackWidows are "bad", because they're iOne keyboards, which are reported to have lower quality.

But even something like Logitech's G710+, gets a lot of hate or just gets completely ignored without taking a closer look, simply because it is not a Costar board? It's not a Costar board, but it's not an iOne either, and nobody knows who the OEM is, but they're so stuck on the manufacturer/OEM, that they simply won't even try it if it's not by Costar..even though the quality is actually really good (especially for their first mechanical keyboard), and Logitech's warranty/customer support is great.

Btw, GamerDude, where did you get that wrist rest? Did it come with the Black Hornet?

Btw, GamerDude, where did you get that wrist rest? Did it come with the Black Hornet?

Yep, that wrist rest came with my cheap Cherry Red MKA-3 Black Hornet, I've since replaced it with a Ducky wrist rest. The Armaggeddon wrist rest is being used on my 2nd rig.....the one with the green LED DS II + Logitech G9.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Yep, that wrist rest came with my cheap Cherry Red MKA-3 Black Hornet, I've since replaced it with a Ducky wrist rest. The Armaggeddon wrist rest is being used on my 2nd rig.....the one with the green LED DS II + Logitech G9.

Nice, Armageddon is the first company that I've heard to include a wrist rest like that with the keyboard. Usually you either get a detachable plastic wrist rest or none at all. Nice to see they're doing something different. I wonder if they do this with all their keyboards?

Why replace it with Ducky wrist rest, what's better/worse?

If you really want mmo macro keys I would go corsair, if you REALLY need them to be the same brand, k95 and m90 I think its called :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?