Help building my first PC

Bumski

Hello , i recently built my first PC and now i am waiting for the company to build it for me but they said the air cooler i selected does not fit in the case and recommended i should go for watercooling or select another case instead. I am not sure wether water cooling is the best option for my build. My budget is pretty tight and i can only afford the h80i or the water 3.0 performer or other coolers in the similar price range but the variety on water cooling is not that great in my country.

My specs are as follows :

Cooler CPU Noctua NH-D14
Hard disk WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB
SSD ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GB SATA-III 2.5 inch
PSU Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W
Memory HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR3 1866 MHz CL10
CPU Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz
GPU GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4GB DDR5 256-bit
MB GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
Case NZXT Source 340 Black

Another case i could buy would be the Fractal Define R4 

Thank you .

thank you for helping me out  :)  i will go for the R4 i forgot to mention i wouldn't like the cooler to be very noisy and that's why i went with noctua 

The Noctua cooler will be fine, is easy to mount, and is more reliable. Go for it.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Hello , i recently built my first PC and now i am waiting for the company to build it for me but they said the air cooler i selected does not fit in the case and recommended i should go for watercooling or select another case instead. I am not sure wether water cooling is the best option for my build. My budget is pretty tight and i can only afford the h80i or the water 3.0 performer or other coolers in the similar price range but the variety on water cooling is not that great in my country.

My specs are as follows :

Cooler CPU Noctua NH-D14

Hard disk WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB

SSD ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GB SATA-III 2.5 inch

PSU Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W

Memory HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR3 1866 MHz CL10

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GPU GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4GB DDR5 256-bit

MB GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5

Case NZXT Source 340 Black

Another case i could buy would be the Fractal Define R4 

Thank you .

The company is wrong. The Nzxt Source 340 supports cpu coolers up to 161 mm high, see Specs at http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/151-s340-mid-tower-atx-case.html. The Noctua NH-D14 is 160mm high, see http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=34&lng=en&set=1. The cooler is compatible with the motherboard and memory according to the Noctua compatibility guide.

You could go with the Noctua NH-U12S which is 158mm tall (http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=63&lng=en&set=1), compatible with the GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 motherboard, and has no memory compatibility issues. It is less expensive than the NH-D14 and a few degrees less efficient. But it will do a very good job cooling the cpu quietly and will allow for a reasonably good overclock.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

thank you very much for helping me out  i think i will go for the NH-U12 as i could afford the better case