Intel USB3.0 Host Installation Issues

Evil_Cronos
Go to solution Solved by Evil_Cronos,

So I've got the system up and running correctly now.

I did call Microsoft tech support and they were no help at all. In fact, when they called aback a second time, it was a little sketchy what they were asking me to do, so I told them I'd fix it myself. I couldn't even get a toll free number for gigabyte.

Eventually, I reinstalled the OS for a third time and used only the drivers on the motherboard disc and installed Windows Updates slowly, a few at a time. Eventually I ran into a different error and one of them failed to install. I used a Windows Update readiness tool and installed that after the failure. After that, all updates went through properly and the issues with the USB3 hub never showed up (knock on wood).

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help. :)

Alright, it's 2:30 in the morning and I've got no clue what else to try with this.

I just installed a new Windows 7 64-bit OS on a brand new system that I built and now I'm running into problems that just don't make any sense. I installed the basic drivers for the AMD 290 GPU and then went to find drivers for the Intel z97 chipset/usb3/audio/etc. I downloaded them from the Gigabyte website (Gaming 3 motherboard) and then installed them, restarting when propted. I did Windows Updates after that.

One of those updates failled during the Windows Update (the others were successfull) and now 3 fail each time I try and perform the update. On top of that, every time I reboot, I get two more problems. A file prompts me to run it without me doing anything and Windows looks like it's trying to install drivers, only it fails to do so. All of this occurs ass soon as the OS loads with every reboot. I have no idea at this point. I've tried uninstalling the USB drivers (which I think are the issue) and then rebooting and then reinstalling and then rebooting again, but no luck. Here is a screenshot of the issues. I'm falling asleep and raging at the same time and I need to get some sleep. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

post-26105-0-17648000-1418207948.png

Thanks.

YouTube channel for Let's Plays = EvilCronos13 - Games: Final Fantasy X HD - Grandia II - Xenogears - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Legend of Dragoon - Xenosaga III

Intel 3770K - Gigabyte z77x-ud3h - 16GB Corsair Vengence LP - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair Obsidian 650D - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Kingwin Lazer lz-1000 - Dell U2410 UltraSharp - Cooler Master 212+ - Razer Black Widow Ultimate - Razer Imperator - Logitech Z2300 - Sennheiser HD 598SE

Use the CD Drivers for the motherboard

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Update the chipset driver other versions or use the CD driver, try to take the hardware Id and google it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The prompt your getting is that you installed a file without going to the file properties and choosing "Unblock". I've had this before and was the cure. 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

The prompt your getting is that you installed a file without going to the file properties and choosing "Unblock". I've had this before and was the cure. 

I've never had any isues installing other drivers on any other system without unblocking the files first. But I tried it. I still have had no luck.

I haven't tried the motherboard disk updates yet because the system is for my buddy and he took the disk with him last night, but the ones from the website are more up-to-date and are the ones that I should be using anyway. So I'm questioning why using the older drivers would be of benefit?

YouTube channel for Let's Plays = EvilCronos13 - Games: Final Fantasy X HD - Grandia II - Xenogears - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Legend of Dragoon - Xenosaga III

Intel 3770K - Gigabyte z77x-ud3h - 16GB Corsair Vengence LP - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair Obsidian 650D - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Kingwin Lazer lz-1000 - Dell U2410 UltraSharp - Cooler Master 212+ - Razer Black Widow Ultimate - Razer Imperator - Logitech Z2300 - Sennheiser HD 598SE

I've never had any isues installing other drivers on any other system without unblocking the files first. But I tried it. I still have had no luck.

I haven't tried the motherboard disk updates yet because the system is for my buddy and he took the disk with him last night, but the ones from the website are more up-to-date and are the ones that I should be using anyway. So I'm questioning why using the older drivers would be of benefit?

Sometimes it just won't work try older versions it happens.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i got a minor question did you use any of the USB3 ports while installing the windows? certain motherboards require not the USB3 ports to be recognised if they are used while installing windows 7&8, to solve this was simple by reinstalling the windows agian and not use the usb 3 ports at all, and install the driver then afterwards, i did not find any other solution for this yet.

i hoped this helped

(and the driver of the manufacturer is recommended since they are up to date)

I tried installing the drivers from the motherboard disk and that didn't work, so I reinstalled windows fresh with the install disk and I haven't used any USB3 ports on the system. Then I installed all the drivers from the motherboard disk. Then I downloaded the latest drivers for the chipset, audio, and network from the Gigabyte website. I didn't install the latest drivers for USB3. Then I installed the graphics driver from AMD, and finally I've been doing Windows Update for the last hour and a half. The same issue with the USB drivers began after the final restart when those updates were finished. Now I've also got the same issue with one of the Windows Updates failing and now none of the new ones that have come up will not update either. They all fail.

The first one that failed had an error code of 66A and now there are 3 that fail with error code 800706F7.

It's a fresh install on a new Intel 730 series SSD. I don't know why these issues keep popping up and I can't seem to find a way to fix them.

I tried installing the drivers from the motherboard disk and that didn't work, so I reinstalled windows fresh with the install disk and I haven't used any USB3 ports on the system. Then I installed all the drivers from the motherboard disk. Then I downloaded the latest drivers for the chipset, audio, and network from the Gigabyte website. I didn't install the latest drivers for USB3. Then I installed the graphics driver from AMD, and finally I've been doing Windows Update for the last hour and a half. The same issue with the USB drivers began after the final restart when those updates were finished. Now I've also got the same issue with one of the Windows Updates failing and now none of the new ones that have come up will not update either. They all fail.

The first one that failed had an error code of 66A and now there are 3 that fail with error code 800706F7.

It's a fresh install on a new Intel 730 series SSD. I don't know why these issues keep popping up and I can't seem to find a way to fix them.

I would now recommend calling MS support or Gigabyte/

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I did call Microsoft tech support and they were no help at all. In fact, when they called aback a second time, it was a little sketchy what they were asking me to do, so I told them I'd fix it myself. I couldn't even get a toll free number for gigabyte.

Eventually, I reinstalled the OS for a third time and used only the drivers on the motherboard disc and installed Windows Updates slowly, a few at a time. Eventually I ran into a different error and one of them failed to install. I used a Windows Update readiness tool and installed that after the failure. After that, all updates went through properly and the issues with the USB3 hub never showed up (knock on wood).

NP body maybe it was happening because of an update MS pulled away.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

NP body maybe it was happening because of an update MS pulled away.

I heard a bunch of issues with Windows update KB3004394. I was looking for that one when I was installing the updates a few at a time, but I never found it listed. Hopefully they pulled the update and I was just unlucky to be building a system befoer it got yanked.

I heard a bunch of issues with Windows update KB3004394. I was looking for that one when I was installing the updates a few at a time, but I never found it listed. Hopefully they pulled the update and I was just unlucky to be building a system befoer it got yanked.

Yep maybe it's only bad luck.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ