Help New to DSLR cameras

I'm planning  on buying a DSLR.

I'm a beginner and have been using digital cameras for a few years.

I'm planning to buy it for taking pictures from family vacations and some videos school projects, and probably some cool things too

I was having in mind the Canon 700D 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Kit Set

Wound you recommended or is there any thing that suits me more that is from Canon

Any help would be appricated

Thxs in advance

The Rebel T3i (600D) is a good choice too for much less.

If you're just starting out, you can't go wrong with anything from Canon or Nikon. Personally, I'd recommend a Nikon D7100. It is a fantastic camera and you wouldn't need to upgrade it for at least 5 years (which means you can save and spend more on lenses in the future, which are WAY more important than the camera itself).

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I was looking for something from Canon because my older brother said i can share lens with him so i don't need to waste so much money on buying lens in the future.

It has to be under $1000 US with lens sry for not pointing that out

• 2 weeks later...

Canon 600d with the 18-55 kit.

The main advantages the 700d has over the 600d;

- more AF points [crosstype, in which DrTV found the 600d was still faster focusing, although the 700d may be more accurate]

- Touchscreen [i feel its more of a gimmick, but that's just me. I've heard it can be very good.]

Check here for a good comparison in raw specs.: http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Canon-EOS-700D

But seriously, save yourself some money and go with a Canon 600d.

Then save up for some decent lenses of your own. :)

Anything in the Canon 550D to 700D range you can't go wrong with. If your brother uses Canon you should not even as much as think about going Nikon, it would make no sense. The 600D may indeed be your best choice because of the price, still a hell of a good starter camera. :)

The only serious reason I would consider the 700d over the 600d would probably be ISO performance which could be useful when starting out if you haven't got any fast lenses or lighting gear, but then again with the money you save on the 600d you could probably pick up a 50mm 1.8 as well.

Mind you I don't have any real world experience with either, the last DSLR I used in that range was the 550d, some of the of the features on the 700d seem kind of gimmicky to me they may not be to you though.

It's the lens that makes all the difference though, so I would be inclined to say get the 600d and pick up some more glass.

I'm planning  on buying a DSLR.

I'm a beginner and have been using digital cameras for a few years.

I'm planning to buy it for taking pictures from family vacations and some videos school projects, and probably some cool things too

I was having in mind the Canon 700D 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Kit Set

Wound you recommended or is there any thing that suits me more that is from Canon

Any help would be appricated

Thxs in advance

I would suggest going to a good camera store and spend some time to try out some DSLRs that fits into your budget and try out different brands like Canon, Nikon, or Sony and see which one feels more intuitive and enjoyable for you to use.

If you want to buy Canon, I suggest going with the 600D with the lens kit set, It's cheaper and it is a great first time camera for learning photography or just daily usage. When you have saved up the money, always remember to upgrade the lenses first before the body, In most cases it's more bang for your buck.

If you're just starting out, you can't go wrong with anything from Canon or Nikon. Personally, I'd recommend a Nikon D7100. It is a fantastic camera and you wouldn't need to upgrade it for at least 5 years (which means you can save and spend more on lenses in the future, which are WAY more important than the camera itself).

For someone just starting out with a DSLR, a D7100 is complete overkill and they won't take advantage of most of the features. They would be better off with something like a D3100/3200 or a D5100.

Get a Canon 600d (t3i) i got a kit so i got the 600d body with a 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens great deal to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z3DWOI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY