Mechanical keyboard for under $50

Biased Opinion

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=2

Is this legit, does anyone have one of these and can clarify that they are true cherry mx switches becasue that price seems way to low.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I wouldn't I would pay a little more and get something quality made if you are paying for a mechanical keyboard you should expect to pay around 80-200 dollars for something good. The keyboard in that link looks cheap I don't know what to believe about it. It does look like cherry mx blues though that is for certain. 

Cooler Master, Ducky, Corsair, Logitech, filco to name a few. 

the reviews on the thing on the monoprice website look pretty good. That being said I would not buy one as i already have a mechainical keyboards and this is not what i want in a keyboard form factor. It could be worth picking it up just to see if it is any good.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

the reviews on the thing on the monoprice website look pretty good. That being said I would not buy one as i already have a mechainical keyboards and this is not what i want in a keyboard form factor. It could be worth picking it up just to see if it is any good.

I gotcha yea it could be worthwhile for someone to pick up and give their keyboards a shot. I read the reviews after I posted my post as well they all seem fairly good except there was one that wasn't a favorable review had some issues with rollover not working as advertised. I'm sure its a good entry level keyboard for those who want to get into the mechanical keyboard arena. Its massively discounted which kind of worries me a little bit. Mainly because when stores largely discount an item sometimes it can mean something like they are trying to get rid of there stock or the product may not be very good as a couple of examples. 

We should vote for Linus to pick one of these up and unbox and test it for the audience. If he gives a good review and approves the build quality, I would totally pick one up!

These are legit. My friend got one, and they work pretty well. Not a lot of flex to them. HOWEVER, if your willing to go for ALPS switches, instead of Cherry, which are pretty much the same, (i've used both, not that  much of difference, however, the ALPS switches have more key rattle) and get really good quality, check out the DUCKY 1087. It's 33.80 and 43.80 with express shipping from Taiwan. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21774-ducky-1087-mechanical-keyboard/

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Some mechanical keyboards will get low but not $50 I believe because they're supposed to be tough

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

We should vote for Linus to pick one of these up and unbox and test it for the audience. If he gives a good review and approves the build quality, I would totally pick one up!

Same

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I can vouch for Monoprice as an awesome website in general. Their cable (HDMI, Cat5e, DVI, etc etc) are always the cheapest no matter where I look but are still good quality. Not sure on their other products, but I trust them enough to risk buying one.

In fact, I may just do that if I have enough extra in my next check. I'll post about it and do an unboxing or something for the forum if I can.

Edit: I just want to say, this is what Monoprice usually does. They take something that's usually obscenely expensive (HDMI cables for example, $20-$80 for 4-6ft cables from Best Buy) and sell it dirt cheap (or at least dirt cheap compared to the alternative). They may be doing this with Mechanical Keyboards now. Awesome.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Look for Cherry branding on them. (Hopefully Slick doesn't hang out here)

Yeah it's legit, get it if you want it. Though it's no gonna be something like a Ducky or a CM, Filco.