Is FX really that much of a bottleneck ?

I/O

It's also a GTX780, not a 780Ti

But from a value for money standpoint an FX 8320 and a couple HD 7950s is a great setup .

i would say if the game is not much cpu intensive, its even. If the game has perfect multithread utilization, its even.

If non of the above happens, intel tends to overrun amd, sometimes doubles the performance.

watch this, its really short and it shows lots of games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20QPpIqo-YY

i would say if the game is not much cpu intensive, its even. If the game has perfect multithread utilization, its even.

If non of the above happens, intel tends to overrun amd, sometimes doubles the performance.

watch this, its really short and it shows lots of games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20QPpIqo-YY

Ya they are remarkably similar in most games except crappy coded ones like Arma 3 in where Intel has a clear advantage. As well Intel has a clear advantage when running high end CFX/SLI setups especially if you are running a 120Hz monitor Intel is an absolute must have then.

Most SLI setups benefit from 3 way, and a few even 4 way, though not a lot with nvidia, it's not something they push for or even suggest you do like AMD

AMD has the new bridge less "DMA Engine" CrossfireX system that enhances muti GPU scaling. Still I think the sweet spot is 3way but you know what Overkill is a wonderful thing.

But from a value for money standpoint an FX 8320 and a couple HD 7950s is a great setup .

But it's not great value, there is nothing great value about holding back two cards and not getting the most out of your set up.

A much better cpu and the best single card you can afford will be a better experience than a cheap grade cpu that cant push the two cards.

There is no great value in something under performing or holding things back, it's just cheaper and you are confusing the two.

But it's not great value, there is nothing great value about holding back two cards and not getting the most out of your set up.

A much better cpu and the best single card you can afford will be a better experience than a cheap grade cpu that cant push the two cards.

There is no great value in something under performing or holding things back, it's just cheaper and you are confusing the two.

Lets see here. ... Getting the same or better performance for less money is indeed a better value.

A locked i5 will yield similar results at a similar price. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A locked i5 will yield similar results at a similar price. 

You can't find a good CFX Intel Mobo for cheap. As far as a locked core i5 ... well in Canada the cheapest Core i5 is $200. Core i3 is a good value better than Core i5 for gaming.

AMD has the new bridge less "DMA Engine" CrossfireX system that enhances muti GPU scaling. Still I think the sweet spot is 3way but you know what Overkill is a wonderful thing.

You are right. There are even considerations to allow for 5 way since the release of x99....at least rumor has it. Wish I had the money for that kind of overkill. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You can't find a good CFX Intel Mobo for cheap. As far as a locked core i5 ... well in Canada the cheapest Core i5 is $200. Core i3 is a good value better than Core i5 for gaming.

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $289.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-08 21:08 EST-0500

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($158.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $304.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-08 21:09 EST-0500

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $289.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-08 21:08 EST-0500

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($158.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $304.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-08 21:09 EST-0500

See the problem is you are moving the goals posts to support a skewed opinion.

Here a proper AMD budget mind range build = $260 which a mother board chipset that actually properly supports CFX/SLI unlike your cheapskate Intel build which runs @ x16 by x4.

http://secure.newegg.ca/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

I would just go Core i3 for a budget build because then your opinion makes sense cause then the gaming value for money wipes the floor with both the AMD and Intel builds you made.

See the problem is you are moving the goals posts to support a skewed opinion.

Here a proper AMD budget mind range build = $260 which a mother board chipset that actually properly supports CFX/SLI unlike your cheapskate Intel build which runs @ x16 by x4.

http://secure.newegg.ca/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

I would just go Core i3 for a budget build because then your opinion makes sense cause then the gaming value for money wipes the floor with both the AMD and Intel builds you made.

My cheapskate build? x16 x4...Excuse me? I didn't know SLI ran on a x4.... *hint* both boards support SLI.....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

My cheapskate build? x16 x4...Excuse me? I didn't know SLI ran on a x4.... *hint* both boards support SLI.....

PCI-E x16 by x4 for broken CFX/SLI and PCI-E x8 by x8 for proper working CFX/SLI and PCI-E x16 by x16 for optimal CFX/SLI. Motherboards with PCI-E 3.0 slots change this up a bit but the basic premise still stands.

PCI-E x16 by x4 for broken CFX/SLI and PCI-E x8 by x8 for proper working CFX/SLI and PCI-E x16 by x16 for optimal CFX/SLI. Motherboards with PCI-E 3.0 slots change this up a bit but the basic premise still stands.

Both boards I linked support x8x8, hence how they have SLI support. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

You have ignored every post I've made on the subject and for what purpose? To prove that you're a fanboy?

This needs to end. The FX-8350 bottlenecks severely, the most notable personal experience was in nodded Skyrim, from a stable 60FPS to 15-25FPS in any CPU limited scenario.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

You have ignored every post I've made on the subject and for what purpose? To prove that you're a fanboy?

This needs to end.

Fanboy WTF ? I am buying an Intel platform because I am running dual high end cards.

i ono,
AMD chips always look shaky to me.
Minmum FPS is what matter more to me.
don't like fps drops.
all the review and comparison show 8320 always have low minmum when compare to 4670k.

well this is on a 7970 and 280x with a 8350 seems about right to me

dnCdn.png

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Why are you guys using Unigine Heaven to test a bottleneck?  Its almost an entirely GPU bound scenario where the CPU isn't a limiting factor at all.

Use Cinebench's GPU test.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

nononono

I'm talking about CROSSFIRE. That's SLI. Most games with crossfire benefit with 1 card especially at 4k. A few don 't like Bioshock infinite

Wanna use newegg, fine. 

CROSS- FIRE - X

That's AMD not NVIDIA. 

Nice way to ccherry pick that' game is obviously not compatible. 

Most SLI setups benefit from 3 way, and a few even 4 way, though not a lot with nvidia, it's not something they push for or even suggest you do like AMD

The only game to benefit significantly was Crysis 3 with four cards.  Is an extra $1500 worth ~50 FPS when you're already reaching 100?  Not to me that's for sure.

The only people who should ever buy triple or four card set ups are people trying to set records with 3dmark.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Why are you guys using Unigine Heaven to test a bottleneck?  Its almost an entirely GPU bound scenario where the CPU isn't a limiting factor at all.

Use Cinebench's GPU test.

Valley* and; the result is being bottlnecked by the 8350; my 780 (with a piss poor overclock -- evga sc acx) with a 4690k gets a higher score.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Valley* and; the result is being bottlnecked by the 8350; my 780 (with a piss poor overclock -- evga sc acx) with a 4690k gets a higher score.

Ya, I saw, there are better applications to use to show a wider gap though.  Try Cinebench's GPU test, which actually stresses the CPU too, and you will notice a much larger gap.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."