Recommend a CPU and a motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

How about some processor suggestions?

For Gaming a core i5-4690K should suffice for a couple years...if you want the best of the best that would offer some more future-proofing and better multi-tasking capability you could always get a core i7-4790K...if you can afford a top tier GPU (R9 290(x), GTX 970/980...) and a core i7 it could be a good idea as long as you are not cutting corners eslewhere in your build...otherwise go with a core i5.

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good CPU and MB, since my MB is probably dead.

For the CPU i was thinking about a i5-4690K or a i7-4820K.

I mainly game so content creation is not something that should be taken into account here.

As the MB and CPU combo, i do want to OC the CPU so a board arond 150 euros i think should be enough .

I5-4690k

MSI Z97-G55 SLI

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

asus z97 deluxe depending on pricing in serbia

for cpu u should go with i5 if u are gaming 

I should note that i will probs never go sli so that a least important factor.

250 euros here. I think thats an overkill i had a maximus III formula, and i think premium MBs are mostly a overkill.

asus z97 deluxe depending on pricing in serbia

for cpu u should go with i5 if u are gaming

Asus z97 ranger or hero

Sadly its not avalilable where i live.

Sadly its not avalilable where i live.

Gigabyt z97x gaming 5

Asrock Z97 extreme 6

Gigabyt z97x gaming 5

Asrock Z97 extreme 6

Thank you for the suggestions.

The gigabyte one looks good. The asrock is unavalilable.

ANy other suggestions?

Thank you for the suggestions.

The gigabyte one looks good. The asrock is unavalilable.

ANy other suggestions?

I would go for the Gigabyte 

I would go for the Gigabyte

I see everyone is going for the 1150, why not the 2011?

I see everyone is going for the 1150, why not the 2011?

Because 2011 is a waste of money

Any other opinions?

The MSI Z97 gaming 5, MSI Z97-G45 gaming MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition are very good motherboard for their respective price, the krait is only 109$ on newegg ATM and looks killer IMHO.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

The MSI Z97 gaming 5, MSI Z97-G45 gaming MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition are very good motherboard for their respective price, the krait is only 109$ on newegg ATM and looks killer IMHO.

For Gaming a core i5-4690K should suffice for a couple years...if you want the best of the best that would offer some more future-proofing and better multi-tasking capability you could always get a core i7-4790K...if you can afford a top tier GPU (R9 290(x), GTX 970/980...) and a core i7 it could be a good idea as long as you are not cutting corners eslewhere in your build...otherwise go with a core i5.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Thank you all for helping out il probably go with a i5 and a asus 97 pro.

the msi z97 ud3 is a very nice board

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

i5 4690k 

Asus Z97-A

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

i5 4690k because there is no reason to get an i7 if your are not going to be editing

for the motherboard: asus maximus VI hero, asrock fatal1ty z97 killer, asus z97-a, msi z97 gaming 3

those are a few options

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258/MOBO: MSI H81M-E33/GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x/RAM: Team Dark Series 8GB DDR3-1600mhz/HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB/Case: Corsair Spec-01/PSU: EVGA 500B 80-plus bronze 500 Watts/OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

i5 4690k because there is no reason to get an i7 if your are not going to be editing

for the motherboard: asus maximus VI hero, asrock fatal1ty z97 killer, asus z97-a, msi z97 gaming 3

those are a few options

I ordered the i5 4690k and a hero vii. They will arrive tommorow, and i noticed, reading the forums, that the hero vii has the same broken wont boot shit that my last maximus had, if this has it again, il go asus and burn the fucking building down with combustible lemons!

I ordered the i5 4690k and a hero vii. They will arrive tommorow, and i noticed, reading the forums, that the hero vii has the same broken wont boot shit that my last maximus had, if this has it again, il go asus and burn the fucking building down with combustible lemons!

Asus customer service is a PIA

Asus customer service is a PIA

Well got all the components and it ran right of the bat.

I hope the next time i change my RAM it doesn't implode.

Still thanks for all the help guys!