Building First Gaming PC

So I'm getting the list and materials together for this buld but i need some opinions and suggestions on this! Especially for the motherboard selection as well as RAM! 
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ilya2006/saved/X7f2FT

There's the list for all the parts!

Thanks!

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

1) don't get AS5, use MX-4 or NT-H1 instead

2) I would look for a different SSD if I were you, the 730 series has slow write speeds on the 240GB model, and the 480GB doesnt fit into that budget for sure

3) dont get that motherboard and wifi adapter. But a motherboard that already has built in wireless, it will perform much better. I know ASUS has a couple Z97 boards with built in a/c

4) buy an EVGA G2 PSU instead

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2) I would look for a different SSD if I were you, the 730 series has slow write speeds on the 240GB model, and the 480GB doesnt fit into that budget for sure

3) dont get that motherboard and wifi adapter. But a motherboard that already has built in wireless, it will perform much better. I know ASUS has a couple Z97 boards with built in a/c

I agree!

MOBO with WiFi: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97prowifiac

Better PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Pretty good SSD for the price: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct256mx100ssd1

Thanks guys! I updated the list accordingly, also any suggestions for a hard drive?

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

Thanks guys! I updated the list accordingly, also any suggestions for a hard drive?

I would grab a WD Blue drive and adjust the capacity accordingly, it's doesn't perform as high as the black drive but you won't really see much difference. They're cheaper than the black.

I would grab a WD Blue drive and adjust the capacity accordingly, it's doesn't perform as high as the black drive but you won't really see much difference. They're cheaper than the black.

i second this

OP the build looks great BTW :) nothing else I would change

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This is much Better

4690k is mmore than good enough for gaming

Termal paste isn't needed.

CPU Cooler is cheaper and just as good.

Mobo supports 2-way SLI for in the future

Gaming only need 8GB of RAM

SSD is fast and good.

Lots of HDD space

Good GPU - more than enough for 1080p

Expensive case, but my friend has one and it is possibly the most beautiful case on Earth ( :P), with its glorious and giant side window.

Cheap but good enough PSU

Good monitor

Great network adapter

Same fan controller

Cheaper keyboard

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($217.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($102.74 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($114.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($354.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($48.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM) (64-bit)  ($128.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($242.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller  ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($59.95 @ Newegg)
Total: $1736.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-07 02:50 EST-0500

i second this

OP the build looks great BTW :) nothing else I would change

Thanks!

If you are just gaming get a 4690K and 8GB of Ram insted of 16GB. May want to keep the ram if you think that is a good deal

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

So I'm getting the list and materials together for this buld but i need some opinions and suggestions on this! Especially for the motherboard selection as well as RAM!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ilya2006/saved/X7f2FT

There's the list for all the parts!

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zv83dC

Here you go. This is the best looking and performing build I made.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zv83dC

Here you go. This is the best looking and performing build I made.

Extra thermal paste is not needed

H100i is just as good and cheaper

That motherboard is insanlely expensive - get a cheaper Z97 one.

RAM is too much money - get a cheaper RAM, 8GB is more than enough for gaming. Also, CORSAIR, even though they make great products, are quite expensive and cheaper RAM brands can be found, eg G.SKILL.

Change SSD to EVO - better quality

Great case choice - however is he wants to show off I would get the 760T as it is just spectacular.

RM PSU is not wildley popular and is not very reliable and is also expensive.

Why do you need a $54 optical drive? Who even had CDs or DVDs anymore? :P

You can save $10 on the monitor by going with the ACER equivilent

The keyboard is $100. WHY THE F*** do you need a $100 keyboard?!?!?!?! :P:D Just get a $50 Razer

A bit off topic, but what do you guys think of the INWIN S-FRAME?

RAM is too much money - get a cheaper RAM, 8GB is more than enough for gaming. Also, CORSAIR, even though they make great products, are quite expensive and cheaper RAM brands can be found, eg G.SKILL.

Great case choice - however is he wants to show off I would get the 760T as it is just spectacular.

The keyboard is $100. WHY THE F*** do you need a $100 keyboard?!?!?!?! :P:D Just get a $50 Razer

the INWIN S-FRAME is basically a work of art  :D

Do these coolers come with thermal paste? optical drive for my sake >.<

BUT THE KEYBOARD MATCHES MY MOUSE  :D I'm a big fan of SteelSeries as well

oh and just for the record I would like to go for a black and blue color scheme if possible haha

If you are just gaming get a 4690K and 8GB of Ram insted of 16GB. May want to keep the ram if you think that is a good deal

Gaming is a big part but I'm also using it for other things as well, plus the 4790K was on sale at Micro Center :lol: . Also I have 16GB of RAM on my laptop so I feel thats a good place for it to be at.

With the optical drive that blu ray drive has 3d blu ray funtionality

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps?