Would blocking my 2 back 80mm fan holes prevent major dust?

TheMidnightNarwhal

So I got a negative pressure setup sadly right now and the only holes left are the 2x80mm fans at the back. Would putting a piece of whatever you could suggest me to block those out block out a big ammount of dust or it isn't worth it as more dust will get in through the cracks and stuff?

It would block air exhaust meaning hot air would build up in your case and possibly kill components due to overheating

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Oh the 250D, had one before and no matter what I do the dust keeps coming in

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

It would block air exhaust meaning hot air would build up in your case and possibly kill components due to overheating

No, I got negative air pressure, the air is sucking from the 80mm, it's an intake or exhaust that I don't need.

Oh the 250D, had one before and no matter what I do the dust keeps coming in

Ok but blocking those 2x80mms be worth the time or not? If it isn't going to significally block dust i won't put something there.

No, I got negative air pressure, the air is sucking from the 80mm, it's an intake or exhaust that I don't need.

My 250D has 2x 120mm fans on the H100i rad as intakes, 1x 140mm fan in the front as intake and no fans as exhausts and still had dust

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

My 250D has 2x 120mm fans on the H100i rad as intakes, 1x 140mm fan in the front as intake and no fans as exhausts and still had dust

Weird, you have a positive pressure... you sure you got your filter on your h100i?   I got 140mm front intake and 2x120mm h100i exhaust.

Weird, you have a positive pressure... you sure you got your filter on your h100i?   I got 140mm front intake and 2x120mm h100i exhaust.

Yup 100% sure, don't know why this happens .. I sold my PC few weeks ago though

Positive pressure does not stop dust buildup, it helps reduce it. You still need good filters.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Dust will still get through, filters aren't 100% and dust can get through the tight little spaces between panels. Positive pressure just makes it so that most, if not all the incoming air goes through a filter first.

That said, the little spaces between panels are more likely to block dust than open fan grills. So go for it.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Yup 100% sure, don't know why this happens .. I sold my PC few weeks ago though

What would you suggest to use as a meterial to cut it out and place it there?

Dust will still get through, filters aren't 100% and dust can get through the tight little spaces between panels. Positive pressure just makes it so that most, if not all the incoming air goes through a filter first.

That said, the little spaces between panels are more likely to block dust than open fan grills. So go for it.

Ok yeah, was thinking that maybe blocking fan grills at back would increase overall pressure thus pulling way more hard through the cracks, but no. What do you suggest to use to block out the fan holes out back?

What would you suggest to use as a meterial to cut it out and place it there?

Hmm I guess you could use dust foams or 80mm fan filters to cover up the holes.

I asked Parvum to remove the 80mm fan opening from my case, 2x intakes and 2x exhausts are enough .. dont like 80mm fans

Hmm I guess you could use dust foams or 80mm fan filters to cover up the holes.

I asked Parvum to remove the 80mm fan opening from my case, 2x intakes and 2x exhausts are enough .. dont like 80mm fans

Yeah me to, I hate 80mm fans, cuz corsair don't make some ;P

Yeah me to, I hate 80mm fans, cuz corsair don't make some ;P

Yeah itll be nice to see 80mm fans with the red rings ..

Yeah itll be nice to see 80mm fans with the red rings ..

Hmmmm yeah, I just love the accent ring on their fans, so simply beautiful ha ha. And you can easily spray paint it or something.

Hmmmm yeah, I just love the accent ring on their fans, so simply beautiful ha ha. And you can easily spray paint it or something.

Exactly, I always use Corsair fans .. love em

Exactly, I always use Corsair fans .. love em

Yep. I was thinking of maybe getting a 140mm LED corsair fan, you know if it would do a subtle glow on the outside of the front panel?

Yep. I was thinking of maybe getting a 140mm LED corsair fan, you know if it would do a subtle glow on the outside of the front panel?

Had one on my Corsair 250D. When the panel is closed you cant see the red light, when opened it looks great.

Had one on my Corsair 250D. When the panel is closed you cant see the red light, when opened it looks great.

Kk, thanks for the info.