computer failure

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

my computer is kinda tooo old. it's almost 10-13 years old. i don't know if it will work anymore ??

yesterday when i just switched my computer on something crazy sound came n booom! it just went off.

my computer specs r ( they're actually too low for now a days cauz its tooo damn old!!!)

inter® celeron ® cpu 420@ 1.60 ghz,1.60 ghz,1.99 gb of ram. an old lg monitor(crt) a new keyboard,a new mouse,new speakers,all new except the cpu,mobo and ram. i think it's system failure but please someone help me before calling an expert so that i can try to handle it

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

The power supply exploded maybe because there are the spiders or something chewing in there. Your thermal paste which connects the cpu to the heatsink might have dried out and it got too hot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

nope!! if it's there also i didn't hear it! y is it gud or bad???

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

It could be that you had a PSU failure, it can happen, the crah event you described is just what happend when my last PSU crashed, maybe you should try with another PSU (borrow one from a friend if you don't have one yourself).

Any further help? Then post some more info about your problem.

I hope this helped :)

EDIT: Does your PSU still turn on if you short the green wire with a black one on the 24 pin (20+4 pin) connector?

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

I think you probably have a ''bad'' power supply, but for that age, really just anything can be wrong. :(

It could be that you had a PSU failure, it can happen, the crah event you described is just what happend when my last PSU crashed, maybe you should try with another PSU (borrow one from a friend if you don't have one yourself).

Any further help? Then post some more info about your problem.

I hope this helped :)

EDIT: Does your PSU still turn on if you short the green wire with a black one on the 24 pin (20+4 pin) connector?

Even if the PSU is able to turn on, capacitors may have degraded too much so it can't deliver enough power to power the system.

It has happened on my old system and I'm still able to use the PSU to power fans/led strips and other low power stuff. The lower the quality, the quicker it will degrade but all caps degrade.

I want to say it's the power supply as well cause my old computer grinded then popped when the power supply blew out years ago. It was a pre built from 1995

Its a bad capacitor for sure. Computers from around 10 years ago were equiped with faulty caps that typically went out very quickly. It can be replaced easily most of the time if its a larger cap, they usually have through hole soldering. Really though, computers last a very long time, I have a 486 from 1993 and I know people with old IBM 5150s that work as good as new.

I bet you that cap that went out is on the motherboard. I'd check them all to see if any went kaboom or are leaking at all.

Old shit no one cares about but me.