No updates found on a 5-year old computer running Windows 7

Go to solution Solved by Tetters,

It's set to update everyday at 10:00 AM.

Can you run update manually, that might open the floodgates for you

I noticed that a folder called winsxs is slowly growing from 532 MB to 4.1 GB. It's not a big problem but I have a very limited hard drive space (151 GB) and I can't afford to lose 4 GB.

Upon searching on the internet on how to reduce the size of this folder, I saw a topic about doing that. It says that I should be running Windows 7 SP1. What I did is I right-clicked computer and went to properties, but it only showed Windows 7 Professional, no service packs. I take a look at the Windows Update and clicked View update history. It was empty. It says that I have not tried to install any updates for the computer!

The computer is set to automatically update, and yet it doesn't even have one update installed! I can recall a time when I raged because Windows was installing SP1 and it took a very long time to install, so that means it has installed even one update!

The computer is 5-years old. Never broke down. Came with a pre-installed copy of Windows 7 Professional.

Any help?

I have attached a screen capture of the Windows Update. You can see it says that I haven't installed any updates in the computer.

EDIT #1: The second attached screen capture is the Windows Update settings, requested by Tetters.

post-82117-0-04792100-1417885180_thumb.p

post-82117-0-93288000-1417910277_thumb.p

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Whats the schedule for the auto update? I would try running update manually and see what shows there

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Whats the schedule for the auto update? I would try running update manually and see what shows there

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Run the update manually, and if it finds nothing open up an admin CMD and run "SFC /Scannow"
This likely wont find anything, but windows seems to be drunk; if you remember installing updates before.  

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Run the update manually, and if it finds nothing open up an admin CMD and run "SFC /Scannow"

This likely wont find anything, but windows seems to be drunk; if you remember installing updates before.  

Thank you so much! I ran the update, and it found updates! Now it's downloading a total of 3.2 GB. I'm gonna mark this as solved.

Thank you so much! I ran the update, and it found updates! Now it's downloading a total of 3.2 GB. I'm gonna mark this as solved.

Awesome news

this

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro.