noctua redux

bosfreak

hi,

while searching for fans for my watercooling project i came across noctua redux fans, now i have a few questions about them:

1. what is the main difference between normal noctua fans and the redux series?

2. why are there no 120mm static pressure redux fans (and if the maybe come out does anyone know the eta)?

3. what are other good options for silent static pressure fans that don't look like poo?

thanks in advance

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

hi,

while searching for fans for my watercooling project i came across noctua redux fans, now i have a few questions about them:

2. why are there no 120mm static pressure redux fans (and if the maybe come out does anyone know the eta)?

3. what are other good options for silent static pressure fans that don't look like poo?

thanks in advance

1. missing accessories and color scheme

2. because they want to sell their NF-F12

3. there are quite a lot. If you willing to spend more there are those industrial line NF-F12s from Noctua as well

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Besides the different color, reduced packaging and no added accessories - there's nothing different.

Good question for Noctua

If you can get your hands on Gentle Typhoons, they're nice fans. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

3. Depending on the density of the rad, you could go with a redux NF-P12.

There are also GeLID Wings, Gentle Typhoons if you can find them, Rosewill Hyperboreas/Akasa Apaches, and Cougar Vortexes. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

hi,

thanks in advance

1. They're older, are grey and not poop brown, and not come with a lot of accessories.

2. That seems to be one of the main problems of that series - no static pressure 120mm. Noctua has no plans to make one.

3. Corsair SP120.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Thanks for the comments guys,

i already saw the corsair sp120's but thought they were too loud (36db).

also, does an anti vibration mount make a lot of difference in loudness?

-edit-

Looking up the gentle typhoons i saw the only spin at 500 rpm, is this true?

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Thanks for the comments guys,

i already saw the corsair sp120's but thought they were too loud (36db).

also, does an anti vibration mount make a lot of difference in loudness?

-edit-

Looking up the gentle typhoons i saw the only spin at 500 rpm, is this true?

Vibration dampening will almost always help. The degree of which will depend on how prone to vibrating the fan is. 

There are different versions of the Gentle Typhoon ranging from 500-5400rpm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I got a stack of them. Painted frames blue..

I liked the set up since I needed a 120mm in rear of case for air flow not static pressure. but needed static pressure 140mm fans up front..

but these are bare bone as it comes for fans, in box you get the fan and 4 screws..thats it, none of the other fancy stuff...yet the box itself looks so much nicer than their standard boxes *shrug*

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress