sp120 performance to noisy

MRSMIFFY

hey everyone i made a stupid mistake when buying fans as the title says i have 5 sp 120 performance editions in my pc on the 7v adapter, the thing is there still too noisy i was wondering if anyone knew of any other way i could slow them down?  I paid £50 and dont really fancy spending another £50 or more on new fans ? If i have to though im open to suggestions ..... they must be quiet and not ugly and not noctua's at £20 a a fan ? 

Try undervolting them

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Maybe attach them to 5v insead of 7v?

Your power supply can provide 5v natively if you are interested in that kind of thing.

Compatible with Windows 95

If you have any motherboard fan control software you can use that to further slow them down but I had six in my rig, there's no making them quiet unless you make them spin so slow that their performance sucks. Get different fans, Rosewill Hyperborea/Akasa Apache fans are inexpensive(over here not sure about over there) and they are very quiet with good performance.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Maybe attach them to 5v insead of 7v?

Your power supply can provide 5v natively if you are interested in that kind of thing.

How would i drop them to 5v?

If you have any motherboard fan control software you can use that to further slow them down but I had six in my rig, there's no making them quiet unless you make them spin so slow that their performance sucks. Get different fans, Rosewill Hyperborea/Akasa Apache fans are inexpensive(over here not sure about over there) and they are very quiet with good performance.

They are as set as slow as i can get them with the adapter on them. Will have a look at them fans now cheers bro.

How would i drop them to 5v?

Noob way:

• Buy a 5v fan adapter
  • Attach to fan
  • Attach to motherboard

Ghetto way (of course, it's free probs):

• Find a way to get Molex power (maybe adapt from SATA)
  • Chop off plug on end of Molex cable
  • Find red wire (or find the one which is 5v)
  • Chop the voltage cables off the fan, leaving the RPM one for measurement
  • Solder in the cables, GND-FAN- and 5v-FAN+

Yeah, pretty easy to accomplish to be perfectly honest.

Compatible with Windows 95