Graphics card for 1440p

Alright guys so yesterday I come home and i see a monitor there. Apparently my girlfriend ordered it once I told her that's what i wanted for christmas.

Anyways here is the monitor. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009626&cm_re=acer_1440p-_-24-009-626-_-Product

Looking for some input as to what graphics card I should get. I'm currently running a GTX 550ti Superclocked 2GB with a 720 monitor so this will be a nice upgrade.

Would like to have a solid 60 FPS while playing high settings in most games. Main game i'm playing at the moment is BF4.

Was thinking of a 970 but not really up to date on them of graphics cards in general.

Budget <350$

81PQQOa5OgL._SL1500_.jpg

The GTX 970 is a perferct gpu for 1440p

or 980 if you got extra money and wanna get a few more FPS

but price/performance the 970 is the ultimate card untill we see what the r9 300 series has to offer...........

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Get the 970 if you have the $330 but a 290 is a cheaper solution which will net similar performance at 1440p but will run a bit hotter, consume more power, and has arguably less features than a 970.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I say get the 980, many will say grab the 970, but in the future if you want to upgrade you could have two 980s.  Could have two 970's, but the 980's will definitely have more juice and last longer in terms of future performance.  That or wait until the end of the month as the AMD 3xx series may be out -very- soon and with it, 20nm, which should theoretically be 20-30% more powerful than a 980, maybe more if we hope AMD is doing crazy good on those chips.

I say get the 980, many will say grab the 970, but in the future if you want to upgrade you could have two 980s.  Could have two 970's, but the 980's will definitely have more juice and last longer in terms of future performance.  That or wait until the end of the month as the AMD 3xx series may be out -very- soon and with it, 20nm, which should theoretically be 20-30% more powerful than a 980, maybe more if we hope AMD is doing crazy good on those chips.

soon

post-123428-0-09021000-1417722763.png

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

soon

attachicon.giftrade mark.png

LOL.  Well, likely soon as in December or January as there is all the new Freesync monitors releasing this month, which should be exciting.  Only fair they also release the cards that can drive all the new 4k Freesync panels from Samsung.  :3